• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Slow and steady growth - nothing wrong with that

Sccots is your brother in law, you won't listen to his "family advice" and I claim my 5 pounds!

Comment

If you want to be the best performing investor

Die or develop amnesia.

Fidelity's Best Investors Are Dead | The Conservative Income Investor

I'm not sure it's actually a true story but it makes a good point. Most investors* are their own worst enemy.

* definitely true in my case
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Lloyds up to 0.28 ..... glad I'm not waiting for it to drop to 0.25 before I buy
        28.30 as we type. Scoots moved from his 25p limit buy, to confirmation of the uptrend. Still waiting I guess.

Meanwhile his other tip Pearson is not doing so well and in the red, so I’m presuming he is waiting for that one to fall to a support level. No idea what that is. I don’t do TA, but the app I use for financial information does, and Pearson is a Strong Sell based on its TA.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          28.30 as we type. Scoots moved from his 25p limit buy, to confirmation of the uptrend. Still waiting I guess.

Meanwhile his other tip Pearson is not doing so well and in the red, so I’m presuming he is waiting for that one to fall to a support level. No idea what that is. I don’t do TA, but the app I use for financial information does, and Pearson is a Strong Sell based on its TA.
          EUA up 9% so far today #JustSaying

DYOR
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Sccots is your brother in law, you won't listen to his "family advice" and I claim my 5 pounds!

Collect your £5 from Scoot's profits
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Collect your imaginary 5 satoshi from Scoot's imaginary profits
              FTFY

Comment

Lloyds up to 0.28 ..... glad I'm not waiting for it to drop to 0.25 before I buy
                That's okay - I have rules. Must wait for a higher low. Nothing goes up in a straight line. Apart from Tesla.

Did you take a position?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post

Never chase. Limit order still stands.

Pearson is an investment. Don't watch day to day, watch the quarters - it'll do very well.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Scoots,

You say you started 2 years ago.

By what % has your total capital grown (or shrunk) in that time?

At the end of the day, individual wins like CNL, even home runs, don't matter; the only thing that counts is your overall net P&L.

You may find it much harder than you think, over the long term, to beat a passive diversified (multi-asset) portfolio.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      EUA up 9% so far today #JustSaying

DYOR
                      You sound like one of the boiler room kids

#JustSaying
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X