• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If we're talking starting points, really 2016/7 is the starting point since getting involved with crypto and more recently stocks. Back of the fag packet calculation, around 22,000% gain from original capital.
    If someone bought Bitcoin in early 2016 for $400 and sold right at the peak in Dec 2017 for $20,000, they'd only have managed 5,000%.

But you're up 22,000% even though you rode crypto all the way to the bottom?

Wow.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

A five figured sum.
      So, you've got over £2.2m now?

£10,000 * 22,000% = £2.2m
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        What percentage in the past 12 months?
        It was a penny share then so huge in the 1000’s%..did Scooter buy it at sub 1p?

It’s up for sale though now, so I guess people know its worth.

Good luck with your investment.

Comment

A five figured sum.
          This thread has some interesting information... spoiled by tulipe like this.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            If someone bought Bitcoin in early 2016 for $400 and sold right at the peak in Dec 2017 for $20,000, they'd only have managed 5,000%.

Wow.

I think I can hear scoots checking his workings.

I suspect the 5 figures includes those after a decimal point.

Comment

Wow.

Stellar lumens was the bulk of it - I got lucky - still hold on to a few million of them. Did not know what I was doing back then for sure.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've spent quite a bit already.

Got kids to feed and they're hungry.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've spent quite a bit already.

Got kids to feed and they're hungry.
                  ..and of course you have absolutely zero proof of any of this?

Hungry kids, but you’re gambling £250,000-£300,000 away with a PUT and millions in Stellar crypto.

..anyway Whorty, I’m up 0.5% today

If I had Scooters 2.2m that would be £11,000 up. Nice day rate.
                  Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 8 October 2020, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    ..and of course you have absolutely zero proof of any of this?

Hungry kids, but you’re gambling £350,000-£400,000 away with a PUT and millions in Stellar crypto.

..anyway Whorty, I’m up 0.5% today
                    No wonder they're hungry. Poopsies feed them imaginary food he's bought with his imaginary crypto. Let's hope they're imaginary kids for the full Walter Mitty effect.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      It was a penny share then so huge in the 1000’s%..did Scooter buy it at sub 1p?

It’s up for sale though now, so I guess people know its worth.

Good luck with your investment.
                      Thanks and to you with yours. It's not an investment, it's "an interest" - I got lucky ~12 months ago...
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 8 October 2020, 16:28.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X