• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    That's the way, sell low, buy high!
    Was going to say...

that's day trading for you, always losses
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      Should have bought Rolls Royce shares.

Rolls-Royce Share Price Is Up Over 100% This Week. Here’s Why - AskTraders.com

Up over 100% this week.

Everyone's on a bargain hunt buying UK shares at their lowest ever valuations. Cheap as chips as they say.

That's insane rally for a stock like this. Lloyds still seems stronger IMO.

The monthly chart below, if that candle closes at the end of the month at today's or better, it'll be a huge long signal.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Oops, got that back to front .... oh well, you know what I mean Was distracted by the boss whilst typing
        You're a clueless fuqwit, I wouldn't expect anything else.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          That's insane rally for a stock like this. Lloyds still seems stronger IMO.

The monthly chart below, if that candle closes at the end of the month at today's or better, it'll be a huge long signal.
          Do you not find it strange that your TA didn't pick up Rolls? Just imagine how many opportunities you're missing with your narrow, blinkered strategy.

And I thought you said earlier today only day traders talk in 'candles', and here again you're referring to the candle on your chart. So what is it?
          Last edited by Whorty; 9 October 2020, 17:40.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            You're a clueless fuqwit, I wouldn't expect anything else.
            Meh. Like I care what a xenophobic twunt online thinks of me You'll be telling me Sgt Spud isn't keen on me next

Comment

Do you not find it strange that your TA didn't pick up Rolls? Just imagine how many opportunities you're missing with your narrow, blinkered strategy.

And I thought you said earlier today only day traders talk in 'candles', and here again you're referring to the candle on your chart. So what is it?

I saw it was oversold but was just not interested in a manufacture whose primary industry is an industry that is in decline.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I saw it was oversold but was just not interested in a manufacture whose primary industry is an industry that is in decline.
                .... who's stock price went up 100% .... yeah, your charts are amazing You're supposed to be technical and your 'interest' should be totally irrelevant when deciding where to invest. Kind of a flaw in your strategy.
                Last edited by Whorty; 10 October 2020, 08:23.

Comment

We have to be balanced.

Rolls-Royce primarily make engines for commercial aircraft.

Their order backlog has been decimated. I would never have even considered investing in Rolls-Royce. For all we know they might drop 50% next week.

Comment

.... who's stock price went up 100% .... yeah, you're charts are amazing You're supposed to be technical and your 'interest' should be totally irrelevant when deciding where to invest. Kind of a flaw in your strategy.
                    Any views on ICLN?

Its gone up a stupid amount lately. So maybe missed the boat.

I think its just a hot topic currenty, so no idea yet whether its “sustainable”.

Sorry about the pun.
                    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 10 October 2020, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      We have to be balanced.

Rolls-Royce primarily make engines for commercial aircraft.

Their order backlog has been decimated. I would never have even considered investing in Rolls-Royce. For all we know they might drop 50% next week.
                      But that is not how TA works is it? It doesn't care about the order book, or even the industry the company is operating in.

Comment

Working...
                      X