• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a brilliant article on investing..

If a trader makes 100–200% annual returns, then how is Warren Buffett the best investor in the world? - Quora

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      So, technically, is gold now in a bull market?
      Certainly is. Since January 15th, 2019.

The definition of a bull market (according to my mentor): 50-day moving average crosses 200-day moving average AND price action is above the 200-day moving average.

Currently the 50-day is acting as price action resistance, and that's not been the case since not long after the golden cross (bull market confirmation). And the 50-day is pointing downward toward the 200-day. In of itself it is not super meaningful but is it something to watch.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 12 October 2020, 10:28.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

The definition of a bull market (according to my mentor): 50-day moving average crosses 200-day moving average AND Mercury is in Quincunx with Jupiter, Neptune ascending.

Currently the 50-day is acting as price action resistance, and that's not been the case since long after the golden cross (bull market confirmation). And the 50-day is pointing downward toward the 200-day. In of itself it is not super meaningful but is it something to watch.
        FTFY

Comment

The definition of a bull market (according to my mentor): 50-day moving average crosses 200-day moving average AND price action is above the 200-day moving average.

Currently the 50-day is acting as price action resistance, and that's not been the case since long after the golden cross (bull market confirmation). And the 50-day is pointing downward toward the 200-day. In of itself it is not super meaningful but is it something to watch.
          Can you tell us who your mentor is as you've referred to him/her a few times? A linkty to their website etc would be helpful.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Can you tell us who your mentor is as you've referred to him/her a few times? A linkty to their website etc would be helpful.
            Mystic Meg

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Maybe in time.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                I have just over £200k in my S&S ISA. Assuming a measly 5% return each year until I retire, this could go to £480k before I need to touch this. Compound interest is the friend of savers like us

Saying that though, I am learning a lot on here (I've learned I don't know much about investing!) so am looking to do a lot more research and then set up a trading account with £10k and play with this too see how crap I really am. If it grows, great, if I lose it all then so be it (it's either this or buy myself the new Specialized Tarmac SL7 as my N+1 .... )

Comment

Maybe in time.
                  Why? You want us to think of you as a trained expert. You refer to your 'mentor' frequently. Presumably this 'mentor' is a person who runs £20k training courses. Why not share who he/she is so we can understand their strategy and maybe one of us may also look to be trained by them?

It won't cost you anything to share their name and weblink.

Comment

Master Po ?
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Currently the 50-day is acting as price action resistance, and (a) that's not been the case since long after the golden cross (bull market confirmation). And the (b) 50-day is pointing downward toward the 200-day. In of itself it is not super meaningful but is it something to watch.
                      The 5-year chart here shows 60dma and 200dma. I wouldn't have thought there was that much difference between 50 and 60 but neither (a) nor (b) is the case on this chart. (Maybe this chart is wrong of course.)

Technical Gold Charts and Data - London Fix
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X