• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Why? You want us to think of you as a trained expert. You refer to your 'mentor' frequently. Presumably this 'mentor' is a person who runs £20k training courses. Why not share who he/she is so we can understand their strategy and maybe one of us may also look to be trained by them?

It won't cost you anything to share their name and weblink.
    If you say so.

I can't give you a direct answer. Let us just say there are people I know who'd benefit and others I know who won't. You'd be the latter.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      If you say so.

I can't give you a direct answer. Let us just say there are people I know who'd benefit and others I know who won't. You'd be the latter.
      Ok, but even if I'm too thick to benefit, isn't it worth a try? You never know, your mentor might just teach me how to read the charts too. What have you got to lose?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        The 5-year chart here shows 60dma and 200dma. I wouldn't have thought there was that much difference between 50 and 60 but neither (a) nor (b) is the case on this chart. (Maybe this chart is wrong of course.)

Technical Gold Charts and Data - London Fix

I try and not give too much attention to moving averages. There's many traders that do for sure. Moving averages are usually best used in combination with other statistics but I would not trade on them alone.

If you're into moving averages, a really powerful way to use them is on other scales. So for example on a 1-day chart below I use 150-day and 600-day moving averages for crosses. This is effectively a 50 and 200-day moving averages on a 3-day chart, however you'll find on the 1-day... it is like using a microscope without having to watch many months of price action.

Below the red is the 600-day and the blue the 150-day on gold. You can see the 150-day has been great support. As a rule of thumb, the probability of revisiting the big moving average increases the further above price action moves away from them, sounds obvious huh? Yet the sentiment is very bullish.

$1800 should be coming soon and will be important. If it does not hold, run for the hills (in combination with others indicators particularly on the monthly, there's a lot to suggest it will not hold).

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, but even if I'm too thick to benefit, isn't it worth a try? You never know, your mentor might just teach me how to read the charts too. What have you got to lose?
          That's the question I'm asking myself!

It is not a question of 'thick' to use your words, it is 95% controlling emotions.

They value their privacy and I respect theirs.

Maybe in time.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 12 October 2020, 10:51.

Comment

That's the question I'm asking myself!

It is not a question of 'thick' to use your words, it is 95% controlling emotions.

They value their privacy and I respect theirs.

Maybe in time.
            Makes sense, as I'm an emotional wreck and can't control myself

Re privacy, I do find it odd that they're willing to charge £20k for training and yet want to remain private. Do you not find that odd, or do they tell you this to make you think you're 'special' to be trained by them and hence your skills are more elite?

Genuinely asking as this doesn't sound right. If they're in the business of selling their skills then surely they want as many people as possible to know about them.

Comment

My wife tells me I should be investing in renewable energy companies, so I invested a little of her ISA money in INRG

Let’s see what happens. It’s been a very hot ETF lately so may well fall, but the companies(apart from Plug Power which I don’t really like the look of) seem pretty good and their financials look ok even with covid. Also, I’m banking on the Biden factor to push it along a bit further.

Anyway 946p. Got her 400 odd..not looked at the TA, but lets see what happens.

Probably a really good example of terrible trading practice, but hey, its better than her nagging me if she was proved right.

Comment

Re privacy, I do find it odd that they're willing to charge £20k for training and yet want to remain private. Do you not find that odd, or do they tell you this to make you think you're 'special' to be trained by them and hence your skills are more elite?

Genuinely asking as this doesn't sound right. If they're in the business of selling their skills then surely they want as many people as possible to know about them.

Nah.. they don't have to. It is entirely the individual's choice. We're lucky people like this still exist amongst us to be sure and I hope I'm able to give up any excess I accumulate. Really not into the flashy splash the cash etc, yes live in amazing area but that took effort.

The money spent was on a variety of memberships, not just one.

Comment

Nah.. they don't have to. It is entirely the individual's choice. We're lucky people like this still exist amongst us to be sure and I hope I'm able to give up any excess I accumulate. Really not into the flashy splash the cash etc, yes live in amazing area but that took effort.

The money spent was on a variety of memberships, not just one.
                  None of that makes sense. They're presumably not being altruistic with the training, so they need people to train? They only get new people if people know about them and there are positive referrals from the likes of you. Doesn't make sense that you have benefitted from them, proffer their TA techniques on here, but then won't share their details so that we can use our individual choices to research them and maybe ask them to train and mentor us too.

Is it their request that those trained by them do not share their details, or is this you as you don't want us to learn what you have learned?

To be completely open, I'll share the details of those who have trained me and whose knowledge I have used to help me sell my skills as a contractor....

CIMA training : BPP Birmingham
                  Project and Programme Management (P2, MSP, Agile) - Knowledge Academy

Comment

Do you believe that there are experts, in this game, who are worth paying for their knowledge?

I don't.

Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious? | Page 42 | Elite Trader

'It can also help a person greatly to "KNOW" that there are no experts in the trading game - those that pretend to be so, you will find, will always have an alternative reason for being "so generous" with sharing what they have learned - and it just so happens that the alternative reason is, and will always be, money!'
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

None of that makes sense. They're presumably not being altruistic with the training, so they need people to train? They only get new people if people know about them and there are positive referrals from the likes of you. Doesn't make sense that you have benefitted from them, proffer their TA techniques on here, but then won't share their details so that we can use our individual choices to research them and maybe ask them to train and mentor us too.

Is it their request that those trained by them do not share their details, or is this you as you don't want us to learn what you have learned?
                      In a way, there was an NDA.

It is not that it is private... it is available to anyone who is looking. I did not discover by referral myself.

How do you win new work? Through agency? Word of mouth? Direct contact? My last three were the latter. Much like the group I now participate.

Comment

Working...
                      X