• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Just like day traders ..... just saying
    3 - 6 trades per year is all you need do to be a successful swing trader.

Buy oversold sell overbought - it's that simple, if you can keep it simple.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      At least his AMD calls were 100% spot on, must have made a fortune shorting that failing stock.
      Let's put this to bed once and for all. The object of charting is to ride the wave, not time the tops or bottoms..

Using my mentor's strategy I'd have bought as label at the orange column (this is my own scripting by the by for the colour to make it easier for me to identify the ideal conditions) and sold at the green, $60

I would have made a return of 2700%

However you're quailing over the loss of an extra 50% @ $90 - isn't that ridiculous?

You can see the method did not get the bottom perfectly, it went lower and as we all know I did not get the top. Who cares - we've made 2700% !!

My goodness -

These same orange columns / oversold conditions have appeared with Lloyds and Pearson - you've been all given a gift horse and you're asking me for dental records!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Pearson

Honestly folks, if by the end of the month that candle for Pearson still looks like it does on this 2-month chart it'll be the same as AMD @ $2 a few years ago.

Should be invoicing for this.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Let's put this to bed once and for all. The object of charting is to ride the wave, not time the tops or bottoms..

Using my mentor's strategy I'd have bought as label at the orange column (this is my own scripting by the by for the colour to make it easier for me to identify the ideal conditions) and sold at the green, $60

I would have made a return of 2700%

However you're quailing over the loss of an extra 50% @ $90 - isn't that ridiculous?

You can see the method did not get the bottom perfectly, it went lower and as we all know I did not get the top. Who cares - we've made 2700% !!

My goodness -

These same orange columns / oversold conditions have appeared with Lloyds and Pearson - you've been all given a gift horse and you're asking me for dental records!

You're legitimately delusional. Routinely and massively wrong regarding AMD, defending your position, after the fact with a new narrative where you attempt to spin the collosal home goal of calling wrong, time after time. You're a bonafide mental midget.

Comment

You're legitimately delusional. Routinely and massively wrong regarding AMD, defending your position, after the fact with a new narrative where you attempt to spin the collosal home goal of calling wrong, time after time. You're a bonafide mental midget.

I like that.

Just like a midget at a urinal, you lot keep me on my toes.

Comment

Looks like they might rally up to $30 to form a double top. If you're still hoping for more after that... that's called greed.

You're not wrong TGB .... back in Dec 2018 Scooty's TA called AMD maxing out at $30 (it was about $18 at the time). It's sitting at $83 today. As always he couldn't have been more wrong. Thankfully no one on here listens to him so nothing lost.

Oh, and Scooty, before you say "but I did say it would rise", don't bother as ATW and others had already called the rise, you was merely adding your flawed narrative.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You're not wrong TGB .... back in Dec 2018 Scooty's TA called AMD maxing out at $30 (it was about $18 at the time). It's sitting at $83 today. As always he couldn't have been more wrong. Thankfully no one on here listens to him so nothing lost.

Oh, and Scooty, before you say "but I did say it would rise", don't bother as ATW and others had already called the rise, you was merely adding your flawed narrative.
                Followed by this a couple of days later in Dec 2018. Really couldn't have been more wrong if you'd tried.

Bullish pattern failed in the last few days, now turned bearish. $6 target price. It stops at $15 first for a wee while, if it stays there its defo going to $6.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Read my post!

*might* I said.

Good grief you people - it is not a prophecy, it's a prediction based on probability. As with every prediction you act accordingly when new information becomes available.

Comment

3 - 6 trades per year is all you need do to be a successful swing trader.

Buy oversold sell overbought - it's that simple, if you can keep it simple.
                    Not buying this.

Only way for a swing trader to only have 3-6 trades a year and make money is if they put 100% of their equity into every trade. That’s going to end well.

I think it’s time for you to come clean on the FTSE Put Option now. Come on, you were happy to tell us about it. What’s the latest? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      I think it’s time for you to come clean on the FTSE Put Option now. Come on, you were happy to tell us about it. What’s the latest? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours

Comment

Working...
                      X