• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Not buying this.

Only way for a swing trader to only have 3-6 trades a year and make money is if they put 100% of their equity into every trade. That’s going to end well.

I think it’s time for you to come clean on the FTSE Put Option now. Come on, you were happy to tell us about it. What’s the latest? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours

This is how I roll. There is no way you need to trade more often than that. Even in crypto you don't need to trade that often, 5-6 times per year. If you do, you're never going to make money.

I don't think you know what a swing trader is. I think you're confusing it with day trading.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      This is how I roll. There is no way you need to trade more often than that. Even in crypto you don't need to trade that often, 5-6 times per year. If you do, you're never going to make money.

I don't think you know what a swing trader is. I think you're confusing it with day trading.
      And the FTSE put option?

Comment

My Put and Centrica are the only stock market trades I've made this year. Still I'm waiting to enter Pearson & Lloyds with my Centrica gains.

Most would have jumped on the Lloyds trade already. Not me, see what is happening here? I'm being patient. I wait for the market to come to me. I know I have divergence, now I'm waiting. Just waiting for that higher low. By gwd seamanship laddie. Never in all my years have I been so controlled, and the best part, I enjoy it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My Put and Centrica are the only stock market trades I've made this year. Still I'm waiting to enter Pearson & Lloyds with my Centrica gains.

Most would have jumped on the Lloyds trade already. Not me, see what is happening here? I'm being patient. I wait for the market to come to me. I know I have divergence, now I'm waiting. Just waiting for that higher low. By gwd seamanship laddie. Never in all my years have I been so controlled, and the best part, I enjoy it.
          And the FTSE PUT Option?

Comment

I think it’s time for you to come clean on the FTSE Put Option now. Come on, you were happy to tell us about it. What’s the latest? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours
            He might wish he'd never mentioned it.

Unless the FTSE tanks between now and end of Nov, he'll lose the entire $250k.

The trouble with options is you don't have the choice of hanging on to losers and treating them as "long term investments". Come expiry time, if the option is still OTM, the whole lot disappears in a puff of smoke.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

And the FTSE PUT Option?
              Is fake..... HTH
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Really, you are in control but make so few trades yet less than 6 weeks ago you said
                And I'm closing that CNA trade again - no loss - but dum decision to open, completely emotional.
                So really you've only been in control ni 50% of your trades..

Your utter delusion makes me want to cry for you, it really does. If you got a therapist to read all this I'd bet my house they'd be concered.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Really, you are in control but make so few trades yet less than 6 weeks ago you said

So really you've only been in control ni 50% of your trades..

Your utter delusion makes me want to cry for you, it really does. If you got a therapist to read all this I'd bet my house they'd be concered.
                  Scooty is only entertaining us with his fantasy trades. In his mind he is a hotshot trader.
                  I am concerned about his mental health.

Comment

Eh? Who are these "most"? You're the one that started pushing Lloyds; from what I remember, most responses were of the "not with a bargepole" variety.

You really need to stop creating these strawman arguments; it does your credibility* no good.

(* Yeah, I know)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Eh? Who are these "most"? You're the one that started pushing Lloyds; from what I remember, most responses were of the "not with a bargepole" variety.

You really need to stop creating these strawman arguments; it does your credibility* no good.

(* Yeah, I know)
                      Strawmen are one of his specialties. Making out that everyone is expecting inflation not deflation etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X