• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Scooty is only entertaining us with his fantasy trades. In his mind he is a hotshot trader.
    I am concerned about his mental health.
    I'm torn ... some days I'm concerned for him, but some days I think his arrogance deserves him to lose big to teach him a lesson.

He clearly has a superiority complex, probably due in part to the brainwashing from the 'mentor' and the 'training' he has paid vast sums for. But I guess if you've paid out over $20k you want to feel it has not been money wasted.

So far he has made one positive trade, CNA, with a £5-£10k profit over the past nearly 3 years. This is the only call he made up front and even then he didn't get it right (called CNA going to 70 to double his money but it stumbled at 40 ish.

He may have got lucky on crypto I guess but zero evidence there.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

When I first started reading the original poster's threads here, I had this mental image of him being very young, somewhat idealistic, naïve and immature.

Then someone posted a link to some social media trading website for amateurs, where there is a photo of a grown up on a ski slope.

This was quite surprising, that an adult is posting this childish nonsense. Therefore I have concluded everything they post is a type of wind-up of the regulars here, they must be getting a lot of laughs with people believing this giant options trade for example. Nicely done trolling.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Eh? Who are these "most"? You're the one that started pushing Lloyds; from what I remember, most responses were of the "not with a bargepole" variety.

You really need to stop creating these strawman arguments; it does your credibility* no good.

(* Yeah, I know)
        There's been more buyer than sellers, that is why price goes up. That's how market work. HTH.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          I'm torn ... some days I'm concerned for him, but some days I think his arrogance deserves him to lose big to teach him a lesson..
          I don't lose. I win. That's what I do.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            There's been more buyer than sellers, that is why price goes up. That's how market work. HTH.
            So what you're saying is, that 'most' people are buying and the price is going up? So ... 'most' people are making a profit. You though have not bought so you're in the minority and you're not making any money? Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              When I first started reading the original poster's threads here, I had this mental image of him being very young, somewhat idealistic, naïve and immature.

Then someone posted a link to some social media trading website for amateurs, where there is a photo of a grown up on a ski slope..
              Grown ups say piste.

Comment

What you do is have a superiority complex and a massive ego. That doesn't make you a winner I'm afraid. It does however make you vulnerable to scams by 'mentors'.

Comment

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

he he

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I'm torn ... some days I'm concerned for him, but some days I think his arrogance deserves him to lose big to teach him a lesson.
                      Same here. If he's anything, in real life, like his persona here, his missus must be a saint.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X