• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone shorting GBP ? if no deal brexit happens it will be down nearly 20%

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Did you derive that from a chart ?

Comment

Chart look's horrendous. Since i'm always wrong, it might be time to fill yer boots. Ignore the lockdowns, it's all lies.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

Boris & Co. haven't finished destroying the pound yet, just warming up. The weekly chart and that thick yellow line, that's the 21-week moving average. The city boys use that one a lot. You can see this week's candle has a long tail to the upside with rejection off the 21-week, meaning next week will be 'not good'.

According to the RSI resistance the pound is only going down against the Euro through into the middle of next year. But I'd argue it is more to do with the Euro increasing than the pound falling. When the dollar rally begins and supply grows weak people will go to the next popular currency, the Euro and the Yen.

UK is about to become a lot cheaper to outsiders 12 months from now. Conversely that'll put a lot of pressure on living standards to anyone living in the country.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

RSI is what people get when they read your posts...

Comment

ha ha ho he ha ha - and I thought my jokes were bad.

And as for the television, I know a squealer when I see one.

Comment

Top 10 most-popular investment trusts: September 2020 - interactive investor

No.4 on the list. The one I posted about on the 9th September. 21.3% growth in Sept.

Anyway, crack on waiting for those TA entry points.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  Anyone have any views on the SUMO Group = SUMO.L ?

Share price has done well recently, and Gaming has been a massive growth area during lockdown.

I’ve been watching their H1 2020 Results video this morning as well as reviewing some of the upcoming titles on YouTube, and seems as though they are ticking along very nicely.

They have just bought Pipeworks in the US, and Tencent bought a 10% stake in them Nov 2019.

Anyway, as V says no one here ever gives an insight into anything(bit harsh, some of us try), I thought I would ask the question.
                  I think you have missed the boat, there might be some upside, but I think the good news is already priced in IMHO.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    I think you have missed the boat, there might be some upside, but I think the good news is already priced in IMHO.
                    You may well be right.

I’ve only put 2% of my portfolio in, so happy to watch this with interest, but no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      You may well be right.

I’ve only put 2% of my portfolio in, so happy to watch this with interest, but no worries.

Say goodbye to that 2%. Buy high sell low, classy move. Put that 2% into Lloyds, or perhaps Pearson, RSA insurance even, you'll do far far better.

The green column on my script only illuminates when 3 out of 3 indicators are in the overbought region. The probability of downside from here is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X