• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Seeing as we’ve all now piled into Pearson based on Scooters pick of it as his No.1 FTSE Stock pick, there was another positive article on it, on Morningstar today.

“Learning Curve

I wish I could feel as enthusiastic about education materials publisher Pearson (PSON) but this much changed company has still not found its way forward. Chief executive John Fallon tried to put a brave face on for the latest update, claiming that the digital performance is very strong.
    This may possibly be the future, but tomorrow never arrives for Pearson. The reality of the here and now is a 14% drop in group sales over the first nine months of this year. There has admittedly been some improvement since a dire second quarter but even in the latest three months sales are 10% adrift.
    The shares were over 900p two years ago. They now trade around 540p and the recovery since May has run out of steam. There is no compelling reason to buy.“

Technical Analysis is brilliant. Not only does it tell you what company to buy, it also tanks the stock for you, so you can buy even more
    Why do you even entertain him?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Beyond astounding you guys see a buy opportunity here.

Go'an, fill yer boots. I dare you.

287 AliBABA when you posted this.

312 now

Not sure I’m sold on this TA yet

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        It's the other way about. I see such posts as akin to paying £1 at the Edinburgh Fringe to see someone you've never heard of. Most of the time you'll end up regretting your purchase and grimacing in disbelief, but every so often, you do get a laugh.

Comment

Seeing as we’ve all now piled into Pearson based on Scooters pick of it as his No.1 FTSE Stock pick, there was another positive article on it, on Morningstar today.

“Learning Curve

I wish I could feel as enthusiastic about education materials publisher Pearson (PSON) but this much changed company has still not found its way forward. Chief executive John Fallon tried to put a brave face on for the latest update, claiming that the digital performance is very strong.
          This may possibly be the future, but tomorrow never arrives for Pearson. The reality of the here and now is a 14% drop in group sales over the first nine months of this year. There has admittedly been some improvement since a dire second quarter but even in the latest three months sales are 10% adrift.
          The shares were over 900p two years ago. They now trade around 540p and the recovery since May has run out of steam. There is no compelling reason to buy.“

Technical Analysis is brilliant. Not only does it tell you what company to buy, it also tanks the stock for you, so you can buy even more
          Mr Fallon should get Scoots to speak at the next annual shareholder meeting.

"Never mind the company's performance, the chart says you're all going to be rich."
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Because I take notice of what he posts. I then do my own research and ignore it so far.

Lucky for me, I’m only interested the bigger picture, and politics and economics will dictate my investments, not TA.

Comment

312 now

312... Now 308... no wait 307..

I don't do day trading. That was a monthly chart I posted. 300% gain since early 2016, insane. Now we're counting pennies on the dollar like it is a new paradigm whilst forgetting about the massive run up.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

312 now

Remind me again at the end of the month - think this will be super interesting.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

“Learning Curve

Oh gwd not morningstar -

I've pinned the 'bad news' articles on the chart. Watching this one age will be amusing and hopefully a learning experience for all.

Comment

Comment

What?

Comment

Working...
                      X