• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    I clearly meant people on this forum.

Also, like I said, it might well be trackers only buying Person, a buyer is a buyer after all.
    Slave trade is back on?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      It must be that bad, or it's a lie.
      If he'd opened a $100,000 non-leveraged short of ETH at $220 then, with ETH now at $395, it would have fallen to around $56,000.

That's without leverage.

Add in the 3x, and the losses must be vastly greater. I've previously done some modelling of 2x and 3x daily leverage and the drawdowns can be horrendous.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Slave trade is back on?
        Ban coming up for me then lol

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          If he'd opened a $100,000 non-leveraged short of ETH at $220 then, with ETH now at $395, it would have fallen to around $56,000.

That's without leverage.

Add in the 3x, and the losses must be vastly greater. I've previously done some modelling of 2x and 3x daily leverage and the drawdowns can be horrendous.
          But it depends on expiration date right?

The put expiring in Nov doesn't follow any of his previous fictitious claims does it?

Comment

It depends a lot more on whether it (trade) is bull-tulip or not.

Since we don’t have any evidence to prove it we have to rely on Pooper Scoopers character as shown on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It depends a lot more on whether it (trade) is bull-tulip or not.

Since we don’t have any evidence to prove it we have to rely on Pooper Scoopers character as shown on this forum
              Based on his persona on this forum I'd trust him more than I trust you.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

His 3x short of Ethereum is a daily leveraged product, like a leveraged ETF, so it doesn't have an expiry date.

Using my models, Ethereum going up from $220 to $395 would have resulted in about an 85% loss on the 3x short.

If he really had "invested" $100,000 in a 3x short, I can't believe he'd have much more than $15,000 now.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

His 3x short of Ethereum is a daily leveraged product, like a leveraged ETF, so it doesn't have an expiry date.

Using my models, Ethereum going up from $220 to $395 would have resulted in about an 85% loss on the 3x short.

If he really had "invested" $100,000 in a 3x short, I can't believe he'd have much more than $15,000 now.

winner winner chicken dinner
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

85% loss on a fantasy is still zero.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Based on his persona on this forum I'd trust him more than I trust you.
                      Trust him what - look after your investments, or look after the mailmen children currently living in your household?

Comment

Working...
                      X