• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    85% loss on a fantasy is still zero.
    Even if so - shows shockenly bad judgement and lack of honest too, trade might be fake but it has real effect on his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Trust him what - look after your investments, or look after the mailmen children currently living in your household?
      I'd trust him before I would trust you. That's not a recommendation for him, it's a reflection on you.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I'd trust him before I would trust you. That's not a recommendation for him, it's a reflection on you.
        No old chap, your statement is a reflection on you.

Now, are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Even if so - shows shockenly bad judgement and lack of honest too, trade might be fake but it has real effect on his reputation.
          It's ok, he has no reputation
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            It's ok, he has no reputation
            You beat me to it.

In his mind, though, being ridiculed and laughed at here just reaffirms his belief that he's right.

He's got it in to his head that being a die hard contrarian, and going against the majority, is a winning formula.

However, if that was true, long term buy and hold would be a losing strategy, which it clearly isn't.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

If Scooter had bought lloyds when he tipped it, he would have made 10% selling it now.

Obviously still waiting for that higher-low.

The problem with allegedly only making 4-6 trades a year is you are PUTting all your eggs in a very few baskets.

When it goes wrong.. it goes bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                If Scooter had bought lloyds when he tipped it, he would have made 10% selling it now.

Obviously still waiting for that higher-low.

The problem with allegedly only making 4-6 trades a year is you are PUTting all your eggs in a very few baskets.

When it goes wrong.. it goes bad.

10% will seem like small potatoes in the long run. I've learnt my lesson not following the strategy to a T. Trading every other week would be nerve racking (is that right? doesn't look it).

Eggs are split across four things are the minute:

stocks
                crypto
                A dying Put
                cash

If I were going to look at other markets I think it would be farmland or commodities.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lloyds up now 17% since call - Yet there is no evidence to support the bottom was in.

This is the emotion part that is super difficult. TA is not easy.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Top-performing fund, investment trust and ETF data: October 2020 - interactive investor

Good source for past performance if anyone is interested in Funds/IT or ETF’s

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Eggs are split across four things are the minute:

stocks
                      crypto
                      A dying Put [on the FTSE]
                      cash
                      and a dying ETH 3x short
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X