• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,

Then you poo your pants and run back to kindergarden!
    FTFY

Comment

Come on TA!

One minute 327 the next 307
      Unless you’re controlling covid or the US Fed this has nothing to do with TA.

Let us know your positions when you ever take one.

Comment

With every major crash there is a period of consolidation. This is no 'V' shaped recovery like the MSM is touting. The FED impact is losing its impact for sure. No money is getting into the real economy, people are now seeing that. It is my belief the stock market crash will continue into December. Then afterwards we'll see a slump in housing. Then the UK pulls up the drawbridge. Proper grim stuff for Blighty land.

Japan & Russia are my bets. China, no. They'll have a recession that makes the US recession seem like a blip. When you operate an economy that supplies the world and the world limits the imports in favour of returning manufacturing at home... China I'd stay far away from. Not to mention the debt they have, it's insane.

Russia on the other hand.. no debt and a boat load of commodities with a banking sector that is rocketing upward. Jim Rogers did a piece on the sector recently, google it.
        Based on your previous advice, excuse us if we take it with bucket of salt.

Lets see what happens then. If the market keeps dropping this week, I’ll see it as more buying opportunities. I have as much idea as you the way this is going to play out, and that’s zero.

Comment

Japan & Russia are my bets. China, no. They'll have a recession that makes the US recession seem like a blip. When you operate an economy that supplies the world and the world limits the imports in favour of returning manufacturing at home... China I'd stay far away from. Not to mention the debt they have, it's insane.

Russia on the other hand.. no debt and a boat load of commodities with a banking sector that is rocketing upward. Jim Rogers did a piece on the sector recently, google it.
          Got it.
          Buy china, short Russia, short Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But saying you are selling doesn't mean you are really doing it as well?

What a crock of tulip. Boasts he shorting and has to admit he's not doing anything of the sort. No money so you aren't shorting anything then?
            As we've been saying for months, these 'trades' are all in his trading game only
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
              Bloodbath today on the markets.

They are pricing in another full global lockdown.

I had way too much of my portfolio invested, so set a stop on SSON at 1535 across ISA/SIPP ..got smashed through but at least I have some 20% cash now. Hate breaking my own rules, but I wanted to shift portfolio around a bit anyway so not too upset.

Not pretty to watch your portfolio getting a hammering.

Long game though, but even so.
              About 5300 sees me back at even on my ISAs. But this is 15+ year holding so nothing to worry about. If it drops lower over the next few days I'll look to drop £20-30k into a non-ISA tracker fund

Comment

Did Rolls Royce just collapse 64% today? Ho-lee feck.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Apparently, he rolled it over to the end of Nov.

I guess there's now a chance it might actually be worth something when it expires.
                  It's not real, so any 'gain' is in his head only.

Comment

Literally this story just popped up..

“With the market uncertainties increasing in the United States ahead of the presidential election, investors should consider Chinese stocks which may have a better chance to outperform the market. China’s recovery has been stronger than the US, and there could be relief from the trade war if Biden wins the US presidential contest. So, betting on Alibaba (BABA), NIO (NIO), New Oriental Education (EDU), and Huazhu (HTHT) now could be rewarding.

China continues to be the only major economy in the world to witness growth this year, according to the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) World Economic Outlook released earlier this month. While China’s GDP is predicted to expand by 1.9% this year, the growth could accelerate to 8.2% next year. The major driver behind this growth is the world's second-largest economy’s ability to recover from the pandemic faster than any other country.”

..confused now as just been told China is in a debt bubble and will crash.

Comment

Did Rolls Royce just collapse 64% today? Ho-lee feck.
                      Rights issue

cba explaining it to you
                      Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 28 October 2020, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X