• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Based on your previous advice, excuse us if we take it with bucket of salt.

Lets see what happens then. If the market keeps dropping this week, I’ll see it as more buying opportunities. I have as much idea as you the way this is going to play out, and that’s zero.
    Good grief - get over the anger. Anger does not become you.

I've made very few trades this year and I don't do advice. Made one 50% gain, waiting for Lloyds to give me the all clear and me Put is in the positive.

On my stocks & share portfollio I'm well and truly in the black. Who else can say that this year?

PS: If FTSE 100 falls below 5000, then buying opportunities this year will be few and far between. I've identified two. Out of the entire FTSE 100, only two. That's nuts and frightening at the same time.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 28 October 2020, 19:08.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Rights issue
      Scooty will draw you a graph and tell you why the Rights Issue has nothing to do with the share price drop
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        As we've been saying for months, these 'trades' are all in his trading game only
        You remember that come January 31st.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You remember that come January 31st.
          Which year?

Comment

About 5300 sees me back at even on my ISAs. But this is 15+ year holding so nothing to worry about. If it drops lower over the next few days I'll look to drop £20-30k into a non-ISA tracker fund
            Hold that thought. UK GDP will shrink year upon year without a EU trading agreement.

Can't believe you'd day trade with £20-30k. Look at how I'm managing the onboarding of my Lloyds position with a similar amount, I'm patient. Buying the dip is not strategy, it's gambling.

Comment

I've made very few trades this year and I don't do advice. Made one 50% gain, waiting for Lloyds to give me the all clear and me Put is in the positive.

On my stocks & share portfollio I'm well and truly in the black. Who else can say that this year?

PS: If FTSE 100 falls below 5000, then buying opportunities this year will be few and far between. I've identified two. Out of the entire FTSE 100, only two. That's nuts and frightening at the same time.
              Me. Does that make me a guru investor like you?

Comment

Hold that thought. UK GDP will shrink year upon year without a EU trading agreement.

Can't believe you'd day trade with £20-30k. Look at how I'm managing the onboarding of my Lloyds position with a similar amount, I'm patient. Buying the dip is not strategy, it's gambling.
                You think I should buy in the peak?

This £20-30k (or whatever I feel like dropping in) will be long term again. Come next tax year I'll move £20k of this into my ISA wrapper

You really don't get it do you?

Comment

Literally this story just popped up..

“With the market uncertainties increasing in the United States ahead of the presidential election, investors should consider Chinese stocks which may have a better chance to outperform the market. China’s recovery has been stronger than the US, and there could be relief from the trade war if Biden wins the US presidential contest. So, betting on Alibaba (BABA), NIO (NIO), New Oriental Education (EDU), and Huazhu (HTHT) now could be rewarding.

China continues to be the only major economy in the world to witness growth this year, according to the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) World Economic Outlook released earlier this month. While China’s GDP is predicted to expand by 1.9% this year, the growth could accelerate to 8.2% next year. The major driver behind this growth is the world's second-largest economy’s ability to recover from the pandemic faster than any other country.”

..confused now as just been told China is in a debt bubble and will crash.

Macro outlook for the Shanghai composite looks amazing with a potential 200%+ gain over the next 10 years.

Perhaps globalisation is still a go after all. That must mean we're not going to make America / Britain great again.

Comment

Me. Does that make me a guru investor like you?
                    You still have not told me how that 24% is doing?

Comment

Seriously, angry, what are you reading?? I like you, without you this forum would be boring.

In the black only you, seriously? Check the graphs for SMT, EWI, BGS, SSON this year and come back to me.

At least I’m honest about my investments.
                      Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 28 October 2020, 19:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X