• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Did Rolls Royce just collapse 64% today? Ho-lee feck.
    OMG this is just SO cute!

Comment

You still have not told me how that 24% is doing?
      My real trade is down to about 12% ..... but if we're talking fictional trades, like yours, then I'm up 250% this week
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        OMG this is just SO cute!
        Not the smartest is he? Wonder how he'll read that in his graph

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          Seriously, angry, what are you reading?? I like you, without you this forum would be boring.

In the black only you, seriously? Check the graphs for SMT, EWI, BGS, SSON this year and come back to me.

At least I’m honest about my investments.
          He has this superiority complex. He can't understand that many of us are in the black this year. He's a dick.

Comment

Could be andyW playing global markets on his mums laptop

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
              13,440.74%.

Range over a year 6.03 - 1,276.00
              Imagine how a devotee of TA would have traded that.

It's gone up 500%, so clearly way overbought.
              Now up 1000%. Ridiculously overbought. Take out a 3x short.
              Up 2000%. It's going to crash. Stick $250k in a put option.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Since you ask…

My strategy would have had me bought where circled in Red and sold circled in black @ 112 after a 1500% gain.

Yes it was gone up another 700% and more is to come (purple circle because Stochastic RSI has not yet crossed down 80).

As so many are fond of pointing out, timing the market is not what we’re trying to do. We want to make money and keep it.

I’d be very happy sitting on 1500% gain and to have locked it in. Some here would be complaining about missing out on the other 700%. There’s you problem right there - they don’t know they’ve won.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wow, scootie, you're pretty thick.

With the hindsight of an all-seeing historical time-series chart of what actually happened, my strategy would've been to buy-in at the overall minimum price and to sell at the overall maximum price.

Comment

Since you ask…

My strategy would have had me bought where circled in Red and sold circled in black @ 112 after a 1500% gain.

Yes it was gone up another 700% and more is to come (purple circle because Stochastic RSI has not yet crossed down 80).

As so many are fond of pointing out, timing the market is not what we’re trying to do. We want to make money and keep it.

I’d be very happy sitting on 1500% gain and to have locked it in. Some here would be complaining about missing out on the other 700%. There’s you problem right there - they don’t know they’ve won.
                    If your strategy and skill is so good, why did you not spot this and buy in? We can all look at data in hindsight and
                    say what we would have done, but if you didn't do it then it's all bull fella.

Your strategy is flawed. You will realise this one day. Maybe. If you're lucky you may not have lost too much money by then

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      If your strategy and skill is so good, why did you not spot this and buy in? We can all look at data in hindsight and
                      say what we would have done, but if you didn't do it then it's all bull fella.

Your strategy is flawed. You will realise this one day. Maybe. If you're lucky you may not have lost too much money by then

I had no idea. I do have a life beyond just making money.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X