• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I had no idea. I do have a life beyond just making money.
    Well that might be true since you are more in the territory of negative money making

Comment

you remember that
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I had no idea. I do have a life beyond just making money.
        You keep claiming investing is your job. You gave up contracting, and have mocked people on here for having to work. Seems you're not very good at your new job.

I can certainly believe you had/have no idea, but not just about investing
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You keep claiming investing is your job. You gave up contracting, and have mocked people on here for having to work. Seems you're not very good at your new job.

Where? Whom? What the actual ???

I'm working my ass off here.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Where? Whom? What the actual ???

I'm working my ass off here.
            Two posts ago you say you have more to do than just making money. Now you say you're working your ass off - but clearly not working that well as you missed that obvious big deal. So, what is it ... working your ass off or not working so hard?

As for your mocking, I can't be bothered to search for the post but it was about a month or so ago. Something like we have to work 8+ hours a day and you only need to work a few as you're so much more special than we are or some such rubbish.

Comment

Well I sincerely apologise - that is not something I'd ever believe. Work is work and should rewarded as appropriate. Workers exploited not properly compensated is an entirely different matter.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 30 October 2020, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You're the cretin with the flawed investment strategy. #JustSaying
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I had no idea.
                  Quite clearly.

I do have a life beyond just making money.
                  And that life is lying about making money.

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Here's an example of someone who can't sell at the top. Remember I said 99% are unable to sell when they've made a positive return.

ATW has seen $60, $55 on his AMD trade - easy profits since his original stake and now we're at $48. What does he do in an overbought market? Buy's more!! Thereby magnifying his losses. Good gwd.

I remember this lecture on the whole psychology of greed and my reaction was, no way, people can't be that stupid. Then I realised I did it myself. Credit to ATW, he's an intelligent guy - everyone in the contractor world is, and he bought into an oversold market but does not realise the top. Now he's thinking I better sell before it goes lower. This is trading with emotion 101.

Posted by Scooty the expert back in late June when AMD was $48. From that point AMD shot to 92 in Sept before falling back to 78 yesterday. Had ATW listened to Scooty's 'excellent' 'expert' non-advice he would have missed out on a near 100% extra growth.

The TA has been so far off it's a joke. I'm sure Scooty will come back and make up some bulltulip on why his TA is so wrong (probably blame those pesky investors buying AMD shares).

Looking forward to Scooty's reponse

Comment

Working...
                      X