• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want him(Scooter) to post one of his trades on the day he makes it.

All I’ve seen lately is a recommendation to Sell China and Buy Russia, which is strange as almost everything I’ve read suggests Buy China and avoid Russia especially if Donny gets voted out as Biden won’t be so pally with the Bear wrestling King of the Kremlin. Not forgetting that the Russian stock market is dominated by oil and gas companies, and that’s not exactly the best area to be in right now.

Lloyds doing better now due to boost in Mortgage applications following stamp duty removal, so Scooter not met his 25p order. Pearson remains a dog of a share.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Posted by Scooty the expert back in late June when AMD was $48. From that point AMD shot to 92 in Sept before falling back to 78 yesterday. Had ATW listened to Scooty's 'excellent' 'expert' non-advice he would have missed out on a near 100% extra growth.

The TA has been so far off it's a joke. I'm sure Scooty will come back and make up some bulltulip on why his TA is so wrong (probably blame those pesky investors buying AMD shares).

Looking forward to Scooty's reponse

You're missing the point big time. I'd have taken money off the table (probably 60%) at $30 and the rest at $60, locking in a 2500% gain from the oversold condition with a following confirmed overbought condition.

You are maintaining I'd have missed out with an extra 145%/

You are trying to time the top, I'm taking profits. It is a poor investor who does not know how to take profits.

What if the market dumps 60% next week? Oh yes, that can't happen. Well I assure you, it can.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
        I just want him(Scooter) to post one of his trades on the day he makes it.

All I’ve seen lately is a recommendation to Sell China and Buy Russia, which is strange as almost everything I’ve read suggests Buy China and avoid Russia especially if Donny gets voted out as Biden won’t be so pally with the Bear wrestling King of the Kremlin. Not forgetting that the Russian stock market is dominated by oil and gas companies, and that’s not exactly the best area to be in right now.

Lloyds doing better now due to boost in Mortgage applications following stamp duty removal, so Scooter not met his 25p order. Pearson remains a dog of a share.

I don't get it, what do you want to show? My portfolio? It'll make you sick and I've no intention of making that public. I've informed you what trades I'd do make Centrica - I really don't care of you believe it or not.

Lloyds still has not made a higher low. Going long without conformation of a trend reversal is gambling - I might as well go to Vegas.

I'll inform you when I do go long. Q everyone saying I'm timing the bottom when it's in.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You're missing the point big time. I'd have taken money off the table (probably 60%) at $30 and the rest at $60, locking in a 2500% gain from the oversold condition with a following confirmed overbought condition.

You are trying to time the top, I'm taking profits. It is a poor investor who does not know how to take profits.

What if the market dumps 60% next week? Oh yes, that can't happen. Well I assure you, it can.

No, you're missing the point. This isn't about when to take the profit, this is about your flawed analysis predicting a price fall when it went up instead .... over and over again.

Constantly you predict A but the total opposite happens. You're too biased in your own 'abilities' to see this but the evidence is clear on almost every page of this thread.

If your TA was so good you wouldn't be missing out on 145%, you'd be taking most of it as your TA, according to what you write, should be predicting when stocks will drop (or rise). You've been calling AMD to drop since it was at $18, when you said it would go to $6, but it's gone up and up.

You told ATW to sell at $50 when you said his greed and emotions would lose him more money, and yet he has held and made more profit - seems you're the emotional one who is scared to hold when in a profit as you're too scared it will drop. This panic selling is clear that you're trading on emotions and not TA

You're always scared the market will drop, which is why you keep talking about Put options - all this negativity when there are opportunities out there.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

This is beyond thick. The logical conclusion of your statement is that taking a 0.001% profit makes a "good" investor. What an idiotic defence of your terrible strategy which leads leaving 100%+ gains on the table.

"What if" - absolute nonsense, the extra 145% isn't a what if, it's a fact.

Answer this: how many times has the FTSE/US markets dropped 60% in the space of a week?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You're always scared the market will drop, which is why you keep talking about Put options - all this negativity when there are opportunities out there.
              His fear and negativity are palpable, possibly the most emotion-driven trader known to mankind.

Comment

Seems our resident 'expert' is a little triggered, if the negative rep he sent me is anything to go by Apparently, I'm a little thick

Comment

I don't get it, what do you want to show? My portfolio? It'll make you sick and I've no intention of making that public.
                  So you are not showing it because you care about our (mental?) health?

Comment

That’s not the situation here since my average is around $20

If I had the foresight to invest into AMD at start of 2500% growth then by now I’d move to Dubai and have more intelligent conversation about stock market with my future 4 wives

Comment

I don't get it, what do you want to show? My portfolio? It'll make you sick and I've no intention of making that public.
                      Hmmm, I smell something

It was only a few weeks ago you was claiming you'd made a $420k profit, but now you're saying you don't want to upset people by showing your profits?

Fella, you are so full of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X