• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How am I wrong?

Even at $60 it was an amazing sell. At $30 it was a great sell.

Now it ran to $95 but now it is down $20. Only another $15 to be back at $60. Do you see the point? The probability of downward and onward is far greater now than upward. It does not matter where the top is. You take the gain and invest it into another oversold stock.

Holding onto an overbought stock hoping for more massive gains is pure and simple greed.

If I were a hedge fund and took people out after a 1500% gain to $30 do you think they are going to be lining up at the door moaning at the run to the top? Or will they be ecstatic at the returns?
    You're wrong because your TA did not predict the stock continue to rise. More than that, you've been calling it to drop for over 2 years. You may have made 'some' profit had you bought in, but your flawed analysis would have lost the opportunity to make even larger returns.

Worse than this though, even though AMD was a stock you was carrying out your analysis on you didn't buy in. So this is all a moot point for you; you failed to buy AMD as you continued to call it dropping as it was going up and up.

No one here is talking about it rising 1500% now, this is only you. You are getting very emotional about this.

As for the probability of it dropping now being higher than rising, this is only in your view. And given you've been incorrect on AMD on pretty much every post you've made, in all probability you'll be wrong again
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'll take that bet. How much for how much? Happy with $1k.

$60 before December.

$20 before the end of next year.
      If you're so confident, why not put your money where your mouth is? ATW has already done so and is deep in the black. Show us all how right you are, open a trade and let us see how you get on.

No? Didn't think so. You're supposed to be an investor yet seem more interested in gambling against an anonymous poster on this forum. Strange emotional reaction
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        And if it crashes upwards to $10,000 per share?

It can totally do that. There's no problem there. Are they going to do a share burn?!

The bet you're taking is I'd say is <0.1% probability.

The quarterly chart below. Green columns indicating overbought conditions. Look left to see what followed with price action. Imagine sitting on a stock for 8 years that only went down. Imagine watching it run up almost 3000% and not taking a penny from it.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How am I wrong?

Even at $60 it was an amazing sell. At $30 it was a great sell.

Now it ran to $95 but now it is down $20.
          How was 30 a great sell (from 20 buy) when price run up to 95?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            You're wrong because your TA did not predict the stock continue to rise.
            I don't do day trading. Good grief, how many times? I'm a macro investor / swing trader with a limited number of annual trades.

There's nothing wrong with the charts, the trend is identified. Where is the top? Who know who cares. Are we in profit - well lets keep it that way.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              How was 30 a great sell (from 20 buy) when price run up to 95?
              Well if I was into this stock I'd have bought around $1.95.

By the time it reached $20 the risk / reward was not worth chasing.

Comment

Well if I was into this stock I'd have bought around $1.95.
                Hang on - so WHY didn't you buy this great stock when it was only $1.95?

You had the benefit of TA and 20 grand course from some fraud on the Internet?

Comment

What's the name of that fantasy trading forum Pooter is posting poots?

Comment

Not looking good for your fake plastic put option, scootie. What's the fantasy expiration date on that, again?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Not looking good for your fake plastic put option, scootie. What's the fantasy expiration date on that, again?
                      31/11/20

Comment

Working...
                      X