• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    31/11/20
    Deary me. Fake disaster beckons in scootie's supervised demo trading account.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I don't do day trading. Good grief, how many times? I'm a macro investor / swing trader with a limited number of annual trades.

There's nothing wrong with the charts, the trend is identified. Where is the top? Who know who cares. Are we in profit - well lets keep it that way.
      You predicted it to drop; your trend was downwards. Good grief fella, just admit you're wrong for once.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It can totally do that. There's no problem there. Are they going to do a share burn?!

The bet you're taking is I'd say is <0.1% probability.

The quarterly chart below. Green columns indicating overbought conditions. Look left to see what followed with price action. Imagine sitting on a stock for 8 years that only went down. Imagine watching it run up almost 3000% and not taking a penny from it.

Instead of showing data from the 1970's to present, that allows you to draw a 'trend' that suits your narrative, why not draw this same graph from when you started the AMD thread in 2018? And show us how you called it to drop to 6 when it's just gone up and up since then

This is why charting is so flawed - you're selecting a data range that produces the trend you want to see; change the time line and the trend will almost certainly change too.

Comment

I don't do day trading. Good grief, how many times? I'm a macro investor / swing trader with a limited number of annual trades.

There's nothing wrong with the charts, the trend is identified. Where is the top? Who know who cares. Are we in profit - well lets keep it that way.
          This is what you wrote on 13th Dec 2018 (https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2608006)
          Bullish pattern failed in the last few days, now turned bearish. $6 target price. It stops at $15 first for a wee while, if it stays there its defo going to $6.
          Your analysis couldn't have been any more wrong. Why can't you understand this and just admit you're wrong fella? Would admitting you're wrong lead you to conclude your £20k in 'training' was not a great investment?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            You predicted it to drop; your trend was downwards. Good grief fella, just admit you're wrong for once.
            And it did. Then it went up again.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh so it went up again... that means your analysis can be safely ignored since if taken seriously it will lead to losses?

Comment

That's what stocks do, they fluctuate daily. I thought this was why you looked at trends? You're supposed to ignore the daily fluctuation and pick a trend direction. You did. You got it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  That's what stocks do, they fluctuate daily. I thought this was why you looked at trends? You're supposed to ignore the daily fluctuation and pick a trend direction. You did. You got it wrong.
                  Not daily ones. Certainly not in stock markets. That's crazy.

Stocks area weekly at best monthly is stress free.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

S&amp;P 500 doom

Price action just broke through a support line representing a break of market structure. i.e. the previous higher low was just taken out.

Trend reversal! I'll not be the only one that just observed that significant trend change.

Comment

Volitility index

Woah - shot up 23% today!!

A value above 32 will be a repeat of February / March earlier in the year with bells on. Fingers crossed for next week.

Come on Trump, be how you can be - do something awesome like dispute the result if you lose and remain in office. That would be lovely.

Comment

Working...
                      X