• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Europe and UK markets opened 2% higher too. So glad I don't have a fictitious trade on FTSE hitting 4500
    Really good day for me so far. All my new stuff BGCG, SUMO, INRG are flying. See how SQ inc gets on when US opens. AliBABA might take a hit though. Talks of Ant IPO being delayed 6 months and half the valuation. I’ll see what the market thinks of it. I don’t like to hold individual stocks, so might sell.

Core holdings SMT, EWI, BGS all doing well.

On BGCG if anyone has a clue what’s going on? I bought at a stupid premium to NAV but the price keeps going up and going up. It’s like 25%-30% premium now..wtf??
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 9 November 2020, 09:41.

Comment

The Biden bounce is underway, international stocks soaring.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Better than a real trade.
        I think his trade was real, but not at the level he said.

FTSE trying to keep its head above 6000. Biden factor plus more likely EU trade deal means 4500 won’t be anywhere close unless Donny decides to nuke China or something.

Pearson still lower than when he tipped it.

Lloyds bouncing around 27-28p. Doesn’t look at 25p anytime soon due to Covid loans and the demand for mortgages.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The Biden bounce is underway, international stocks soaring.

Biden bounce - I like that.

Does seem like we're about to see a melt up.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Biden bounce - I like that.

I'm interested, at what point exactly will you admit you're totally wrong (again)?

Or are you like Trump and your narcissistic personality will never allow you to be wrong?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Next month?*

(* again)

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                I think his trade was real, but not at the level he said.

FTSE trying to keep its head above 6000. Biden factor plus more likely EU trade deal means 4500 won’t be anywhere close unless Donny decides to nuke China or something.

Pearson still lower than when he tipped it.

Lloyds bouncing around 27-28p. Doesn’t look at 25p anytime soon due to Covid loans and the demand for mortgages.

1st - I did not tip it. I just said what I was buying. Please stop gaslighting.

Yes you're right it is lower than when I said. All -0.6%

I've written in the higher low - see it? This is what I'm waiting for with Lloyds. Now I'm very confident in my Pearson investment.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

RBS?? never touched it. What's with the gaslighting?
                  Please avoid gaslighting.
                  I just said what I was buying. Please stop gaslighting.
                  Someone's learned a new word. Did you pay $20K for that too?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Next month?*

(* again)
                    The FTSE broke out of a channel it has been trending in for some time. Many are now bullish. FOMO probably creeping in. Ascribing a Biden effect no doubt whilst ignoring catastrophic B economy coming to light a few short weeks.

Looking at the 3-day chart tells another story. We're testing a resistance trend line for the 3rd time. If it fails to break through in the coming days, a massive sell off will occur. A break through would be hugely bullish.

I've honestly no idea which way it will go in the near term (1-2 weeks).

Last edited by scooterscot; 9 November 2020, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Someone's learned a new word. Did you pay $20K for that too?
                      Interestingly, to be gaslighted is an emotional reaction, something Scooty claims he's not. Does beg the question then how he can be gaslighted.

Gaslighting also leads to low self esteem, again something Scooty doesn't show on here with regards to his investment picks and prowess.

This is just deflecting, trying to steer the conversation away from his p1ss poor investment stock picks.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X