• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Someone's learned a new word. Did you pay $20K for that too?

Is that not the english word to use describing someone or group that use false statements to manipulate ones understanding of the truth?

What would you use?
    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 November 2020, 10:50.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The FTSE broke out of a channel it has been trending in for some time. Many are now bullish. FOMO probably creeping in. Ascribing a Biden effect no doubt whilst ignoring catastrophic B economy coming to light a few short weeks.

Looking at the 3-day chart tells another story. We're testing a resistance trend line for the 3rd time. If it fails to break through in the coming days, a massive sell off will occur. A break through would be hugely bullish.

I've honestly no idea which way it will go in the near term (1-2 weeks).
      This is the most accurate thing you've said.

Fact is none of us do. We can all speculate but no looking back on historic graphs, or tea leaves, will tell any of us with any certainty what will happen next.

My 'guess' is that it won't again break below the 5400 that we hit at the start of the pandemic. Reason being that businesses are learning to live in the new normal. Some businesses will go bust, but the string ones will continue to grow and prosper and will come out the other side much stronger. This is what the markets are showing today.

I only hold market level funds as this reflects the general trend; for me, holding individual stocks is too risky and I'm inherently risk averse.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

use false statements

Comment

The FTSE broke out of a channel it has been trending in for some time. Many are now bullish. FOMO probably creeping in. Ascribing a Biden effect no doubt whilst ignoring catastrophic B economy coming to light a few short weeks.

Look, I can draw lines too!

hd image tool

Comment

I've honestly no idea
            Roger that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Look, I can draw lines too!

hd image tool

Good good. Your lines appear to connect minimum confluence. Remember, you need to maximise the confluence with the candle bodies (not wicks) for meaningful projections.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good good. Your lines appear to connect minimum confluence. Remember, you need to maximise the confluence with the candle bodies (not wicks) for meaningful projections.
                Google "FTSE 100".

Take a look at the rise following the vaccine announcement.

Comment

Covid vaccine: First vaccine offers 90% protection - BBC News
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

DOW futures up by 1100 points after pfizer vaccine news

Comment

Fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
                      X