• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing that is down is bloody HL Lol
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Trading platforms are crashing.
      I thought it was just my bargain bucket platform that was knackered but all 3 accounts I have are stuffed. They handled the crash days OK

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Only thing that is down is bloody HL Lol
        AJ Bell and IWeb are also struggling but not as badly as HL

Comment

My crappy EQI stocks and shares ISA today.

Alert

We are sorry, but we have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact Customer Services on 0345 0700 720 or +44 (0) 20 7015 4800, Monday to Friday, 07:45 to 19:00. Please provide the following error code: 666 , along with any details you can supply about the page you were on when the error occurred.
          What a shambles.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            My crappy EQI stocks and shares ISA today.

What a shambles.
            Holy tulip!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Do you really believe hedge fund managers are loading up at these levels? And as soon as the news came out? I'd be out of that fund in an instant with such reckless speculation.

Remember, buy the rumour sell the news. Only retail investors buy the news.
              No, I did not mention hedge funds.

You said

Retail fomo - nothing else

No professional investor is loading up at those overbought levels.
              Do you really believe that retail investors have invested to the net amount of around £75 BILLION this morning in FTSE100 stocks alone? (a very rough calculation based on 5% increase with a £1.5 Trillion FTSE100 total market capitalisation).

And that's just the FTSE100 - a fraction of the overall worldwide market increase today.

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Actually, you probably don't. I doubt you even understand what market capitalisation means.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 9 November 2020, 15:08.

Comment

So anything that’s been hit by covid has risen dramatically, anything that has flown because of covid has dropped.

I’m looking for opportunities to buy the stuff that’s dropped now, but trading platform down. Oh well.

Comment

Buy shares in trading platforms!

Oh wait they are down!

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    I’m looking for opportunities to buy the stuff that’s dropped now, but trading platform down. Oh well.
                    I suspect there will be something in that - the bounce due to a vaccine where the full extent of the results have not yet been revealed (eg, how it protects different ages) could mean we'll see some falling back of the markets. As always, its identifying the opportunities that is the difficult bit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Buy shares in trading platforms!

Oh wait they are down!

I won't believe the trading platforms are down until I see a chart showing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X