• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I won't believe the trading platforms are down until I see a chart showing it.
    HL are 10% up today, which will soon come crashing down when people get wind their platform is down.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      I’m looking for opportunities to buy the stuff that’s dropped now
      Scooty's shorts are down if that takes your fancy.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        I think the chart of his balance sheet are displaying the pants round ankles pattern.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Lloyds and Pearson are flying though, but he never did get price he wanted to trade.

Comment

Would have been nice to have bought some more Square when it was 7% down. Watch it end up +% now today lol.

The way the markets are swinging madly, might be a good thing that the trading platforms are down.

Just watch the nasdaq pick up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              No, I did not mention hedge funds.

You said

Do you really believe that retail investors have invested to the net amount of around £75 BILLION this morning in FTSE100 stocks alone? (a very rough calculation based on 5% increase with a £1.5 Trillion FTSE100 total market capitalisation).

And that's just the FTSE100 - a fraction of the overall worldwide market increase today.

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Actually, you probably don't. I doubt you even understand what market capitalisation means.

£75 billion is nothing, of course it is retail money. Bitcoin market capital is 4x that, and only speculators are holding that market up.

Between my stocks and crypto, have seen gains of 8% through to 60% - ridiculous sounding huh..
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

HL are 10% up today, which will soon come crashing down when people get wind their platform is down.
                It'll be the fees I'm paying them on me trades
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lloyds and Pearson are flying though, but he never did get price he wanted to trade.

Pearson was bought but not Lloyds - still not higher low.

How's Ababa doing?

Comment

Are we learning yet?

From Morningstar

“I wish I could feel as enthusiastic about education

materials publisher Pearson (PSON) but this much

changed company has still not found its way forward.

The shares were over 900p two years ago. They

now trade around 540p and the recovery

since May has run out of steam.

There is no compelling reason to buy.“

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      £75 billion is nothing, of course it is retail money. Bitcoin market capital is 4x that, and only speculators are holding that market up.

Between my stocks and crypto, have seen fictitious negative gains of 8% through to 60% - ridiculous sounding huh..
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X