• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm certainly not trying to impress anyone chief.
    That's just as well.

Comment

I'm certainly not trying to impress anyone chief.
      Finally, you've found something you're good at! Hold onto that feeling.

Comment

Good grief you guys are paranoid. Chill for goodness sake.

The Centrica trade was I think three, no wait, two executions. Every trade I do is cost average in position. There's no way I'd go all in at one price. That would go against my strategy. If you're buying in a £100k of stock you don't do it in one go.

You're all so busy looking for holes whilst missing out on some killer returns.
        Always dollar cost average into a position you silly sausage.
        How to invest a lump sum of money | Vanguard

(PDF) Dollar Cost Averaging vs Lump Sum: Evidence from investing simulations on real data

Evidence would suggest no. Maybe for day traders it's different.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        True to form though, he's trying to deflect and make it our issue that he's lying again
        I think when he says "gaslighting" he's projecting. Everything about him fits the bill, made up narrative he presses on others coupled with copious amounts of lying.

Comment

Well that was a good day.

Commiserations, scoots.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Well that was a good day.

Commiserations, scoots.
            Just put an order in for my Lambo*

* This may be a lie
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Pearson was bought but not Lloyds - still not higher low.

How's Ababa doing?
              As you’re asking..

On the day you now claim you bought Pearson, its range was 546-559. Its price right now is 582, you made 6-8% max, congrats.

If you had chosen Lloyds, you would have made 16%..ok so wrong choice with a coin flip.

In that same period, I have made more % on my “entire” portfolio than you did on Pearson.

Anyway, let us know when you sell Pearson.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                So you claim you bought on Oct 2, yet on Oct 22 you said (in reference to a potential Pearson trade)

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2821241

You're not very good at this.
                4-6 trades but never equities you think you would remember making that one equity trade.

Bang to rights Scooter, you did buy Pearson on the 2 October, you then denied it 22nd Oct because it was performing rubbish, and then due to a covid vaccine being announced it popped up today and now you announced the trade.

Just come clean.

Comment

I've got some beans to trade. I think we should go back to the barter system

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    4-6 trades but never equities you think you would remember making that one equity trade.

Bang to rights Scooter, you did buy Pearson on the 2 October, you then denied it 22nd Oct because it was performing rubbish, and then due to a covid vaccine being announced it popped up today and now you announced the trade.

Just come clean.
                    w.r.t equities I said you'd be mad to be buying them right now, they are very overbought. Individual stocks however are a different kettle of fish, I know probably most on here invest via a fund within a certain asset class.

You find me that post I denied it. Good grief you lot are paranoid. The only reason I know it to be otherwise is because of the share certificate I received in the post from HL recently. I'm not yet finished with the purchase. As I said earlier I cost average in. If you're working with a smaller portfolio you might use a different strategy, but really scale should not be a factor.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But you are working with a large portfolio?

Comment

Working...
                      X