• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Here's the post where you lied about Pearson.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2821241

(or if not there, then you lying now when you say you bought on the 2/10).

You also posted at a later date that you had not bought Person yet.

No-one can realistically believe any trade you said you've made.

Why not just admit you were caught out, and start being a bit more honest with yourself - you obviously got emotionally attached to Pearson due to the p!ss-taking you were getting here, and it prematurely made you act.

There's no lie there - it is the truth, I've not bought it yet. 0.5% of my 5% allocation for it is traded. The other 4.5% is a work in progress - no rush. When I'm closer to 5% I can label it 'bought' if that makes you all warm and happy.

The paranoia is reaching fever pitch.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Who was fretting? All I can find was this from NLUK (hardly fretting) and a couple of others noting HL was struggling.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2828239

You're as bad as Trump for trustability. I think we need to have a daily Scoots #FactCheck

There's a cluster of folk on here ranting the other day with downed platforms when the market was pumping. It screams 'I've not got a strategy' and I'm just gambling with the savings. Totally nuts. But that's how retail investors like to dance, as if their heels were on fire.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But wait!!! What is this sorcery? By jove, I think Scoots has actually called it right.. The market is crashing!!! Doooooom

[IMG][/IMG]

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          It screams 'I've not got a strategy' and I'm just gambling with the savings.
          Man you are such a ******* moron. So many, in fact, it crash HL.. So everyone else is an idiot expect you. You know what they say about that?

There is a change of the likes not seen in our generation that is going to affect the market like nothing ever seen... and you are pissing in the wind about strategy? Honestly. STFU and FO
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's no lie there - it is the truth, I've not bought it yet. 0.5% of my 5% allocation for it is traded. The other 4.5% is a work in progress - no rush. When I'm closer to 5% I can label it 'bought' if that makes you all warm and happy.

The paranoia is reaching fever pitch.
            The insecure nature of trying to spin the lie(s), you have issues.

Comment

There's a cluster of folk on here ranting the other day with downed platforms when the market was pumping. It screams 'I've not got a strategy' and I'm just gambling with the savings. Totally nuts. But that's how retail investors like to dance, as if their heels were on fire.
              Except, there wasn't. Do you not realise your mind just makes stuff up to try help an opposing opinion you have? Seriously, you should seek professional help. And I don't mean being scammed out of another $20K by a TA "guru".
              Last edited by Paralytic; 10 November 2020, 10:37.

Comment

Welcome to ScootyWorld, where a purchase is not a purchase until your ego allows it.

Comment

Welcome to ScootyWorld, where a purchase is not a purchase.
                  If I gave you a £100k to invest, would you throw it in on one price in a single executed trade without averaging into a position?

I'd run a mile from such a strategy. You scary.

Comment

Except, there wasn't. Do you not realise your mind just makes stuff up to try help an opposing opinion you have? Seriously, you should seek professional help. And I don't mean being scammed out of another $20K by a TA "guru".
                    Oh yes there was.

Comment

If you haven’t noticed, there are rather a few things going on:

Brexit
                      Covid 1st wave
                      More Brexit agreement talks
                      Covid 2nd wave(or is it)
                      US elections
                      Vaccine announcement

.. some would suggest lots more to come

These are unusual times. You say people are gambling, but I say they are looking forward, heads up and playing the field.

You can’t ignore what’s happening with covid. Investing in stocks/markets that have profited from covid is a no brainier. To say ignore these is like saying ignore gold or currencies as hedges.

Lack of strategy? No. Having a strategy to invest in a, then swap to b, when c happens is a strategy.

Look, I’m actually honest about my investments. I’m over 3% down today on my entire portfolio.

Then I zoom out, and realise that I’m still up on the month and massively up on the year.

FTSE/DOW recovering, but nothing has changed. All those people using technology, home shopping, home entertainment more won’t all suddenly all go back to their old ways.

This is my strategy..

Tech Distrupters
                      China and Japan Growth
                      AI
                      Clean Energy
                      Electric Vehicles

Nothing else has changed as far as I see since yesterday and Vaccine announcement.
                      Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 10 November 2020, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X