• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Except, there wasn't. Do you not realise your mind just makes stuff up to try help an opposing opinion you have? Seriously, you should seek professional help. And I don't mean being scammed out of another $20K by a TA "guru".
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If I gave you a £100k to invest, would you throw it in on one price in a single executed trade without averaging into a position?

I'd run a mile from such a strategy. You scary.
    And there we go, just to prove my point. You do like building a strawman argument, don't you?

I doubt many would argue that drip-feeding into an investment is not a good strategy, but that's not the point here. You are a liar and no-one should trust any trade you say you've made.

Just accept it and move on. Perhaps buy an imaginary self-improvement book with your imaginary profits?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 10 November 2020, 10:48.

Comment

If I gave you a £100k to invest, would you throw it in on one price in a single executed trade without averaging into a position?

Yes, given the fact that if you're investing long term it has been shown to be a superior strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        And there we go, just to prove my point. You do like building a strawman argument, don't you?

I doubt many would argue that drip-feeding into an investment is not a good strategy, but that's not the point here. You are a liar and no-one should trust any trade you say you've made

I guess if it makes you happy those positions I've take are not profitable then that's your choice. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Yes, given the fact that if you're investing long term it has been shown to be a superior strategy.

I get the impression there are high frequency swing traders here, buy / sell every other week. That would make me a nervous wreck.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Getting nervous over fictitious trades is kinda weird.

Comment

No but if you gave me £250k, I'd buy a single severely out-of-the-money short term Put option on the FTSE100 at a time when £trillions are being pumped into the economy and markets.

Comment

I guess if it makes you happy those positions I've take are not profitable then that's your choice. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy.
                Again, a strawman argument. No-where have I said that I'm not happy (or otherwise) with your trades (fantasy or otherwise) - I'm merely pointing out that nothing you say can be trusted. It's probably time for me to stop and move onto something more productive - you've been shown for what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  No but if you gave me £250k, I'd buy a single severely out-of-the-money short term Put option on the FTSE100 at a time when £trillions are being pumped into the economy and markets.
                  You forgot to mention at a time when the bad news had already been priced in, and only good news would signifantly move the market.

Comment

Comment

I'll not be doing it again. Grandiose mistook.

Comment

Working...
                      X