• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Wise men listen and laugh whilst fools talk.
    Scooty thinks he's one of those wisemen who talks a lot ... just like Trump
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I don't take any pleasure in saying 'I told you so', but in your case...
      Have you actually been in a position where you've actually been able to say that? (Centrica aside, but then the that increase was just a wider market move and you since admitted you got even more emotional than normal with that trade).

A more accurate summation of your posts is "I could have told you so".

Fools laugh, whilst the wise man listens.
      Did you get that from Gandhi too?
      Last edited by Paralytic; 11 November 2020, 14:34.

Comment

2 days of massive swings to “value” stocks that have been hammered over the past 8 months.

Essentially buy anything in the FTSE apart from SMT and you would have made money.

Today seems things have calmed down. NHS and Old people going to get Vaccines which we hope won’t kill them, but its going to take many months and if this government is involved, is going to be a mess. All those people who have pilled into the FTSE will soon realise they are holding a bunch of shares in a barn where the horses have already bolted.

People will start to go back to backing the sectors that have been so successful to them previously, human nature.

In the meanwhile, lots of pressure on China FinTech sector following the regulatory issues that hit AliBABA and others. Of course we should have seen all of this coming in the charts, but hey. The thing to remember is the Chinese government have massive shares in these companies.......

...oh look ..US Elections, COVID Vaccine, Ant IPO...perfect storm, pull the plug, shares tank..Chinese government mop everything up whilst gaining more control. Why are we surprised.
        Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 11 November 2020, 09:25.

Comment

2 days of massive swings to “value” stocks that have been hammered over the past 8 months.

Essentially buy anything in the FTSE apart from SMT and you would have made money.

Today seems things have calmed down. NHS and Old people going to get Vaccines which we hope won’t kill them, but its going to take many months and if this government is involved, is going to be a mess. All those people who have pilled into the FTSE will soon realise they are holding a bunch of shares in a barn where the horses have already bolted.

People will start to go back to backing the sectors that have been so successful to them previously, human nature.

In the meanwhile, lots of pressure on China FinTech sector following the regulatory issues that hit AliBABA and others. Of course we should have seen all of this coming in the charts, but hey. The thing to remember is the Chinese government have massive shares in these companies.......

...oh look ..US Elections, COVID Vaccine, Ant IPO...perfect storm, pull the plug, shares tank..Chinese government mop everything up whilst gaining more control. Why are we surprised.

A sound assessment. With the Ababa fiasco, it seems to me a free market in China is not possible with the CCP in power. For us investors in the West the culture is mind bending, you can't just buy exposure to stocks and expect the same as you might in the FTSE 100, Nasdaq etc. Most Chinese believe they are the leaders in the world - and who can blame them when we in the West have off loaded the majority of our manufacturing to them. A hard lesson is being learnt.

You for to mention B - that's the icing on the cake.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A sound assessment. With the Ababa fiasco, it seems to me a free market in China is not possible with the CCP in power. For us investors in the West the culture is mind bending, you can't just buy exposure to stocks and expect the same as you might in the FTSE 100, Nasdaq etc. Most Chinese believe they are the leaders in the world - and who can blame them when we in the West have off loaded the majority of our manufacturing to them. A hard lesson is being learnt.

You for to mention B - that's the icing on the cake.
            They are regulating, not totally suppressing.

Regulation in FinTech is actually a good thing, and prudent. Its the timing which is very dubious.

As I said, the Chinese Government have massive interests in these companies. One day we’ll suddenly find they have agreed a deal and the shares will fly again. The figures are astounding, and can’t be ignored.

Comment

As I said, the Chinese Government have massive interests in these companies. One day we’ll suddenly find they have agreed a deal and the shares will fly again. The figures are astounding, and can’t be ignored.

I can't really believe that an authoritarian quasi-communist country will ever run their companies and stock-markets in a way to benefit Western investors.

Comment

FOA Scoots the non-day-trader

Just for jokes, I chucked in £2k, 7 days ago, and had some fun through the volatility.

2 images attached to show 7 day and 30 day timeframe, just to prove that I did really start on 04/11.

BTW I have extracted my £2k initial deposit already, so the numbers shown below are profit only. Or what Scoots might call "infinity returns".

Latest position from today is :

If history is anything to go by, this £ will all disappear very soon so I'm just showing off to Scoots while I can

Comment

Awesome!!

What platform is this? Perhaps I can use it too if it helps shed light on the disparity between truth and belief.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Scooty thinks he's one of those wisemen who talks a lot ... just like Trump
                    Scootie is more of a wisewoman

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Scootie is more of a twunt

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X