• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more, as my papa used to say.
    Did you see your father every morning when the mail was delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Why did you try to time the market, emotions?
      He said the chart told him.

And when he said that, he meant it literally. He hears voices that tell him what to trade.

Comment

Christ. I've absolutely no idea what to do at the moment. Tech doesn't look, anything that spiked after news is tanking, christ, even the companies that found a vaccine are tanking. No idea where to turn at the moment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Christ. I've absolutely no idea what to do at the moment. Tech doesn't look, anything that spiked after news is tanking, christ, even the companies that found a vaccine are tanking. No idea where to turn at the moment.
          be prepared for santa rally , if it happens at all this year.
          tech is ripe for a fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            He said the chart told him.

And when he said that, he meant it literally. He hears voices that tell him what to trade.
            Let's try and clear this up. I'm determined.

What is a chart? It is a plot of data with time.

What determines the value of the data at a given time? Emotion.

What drives markets? You ask any professional investor / trader they'll all give the same answer to the question - sentiment.

Now back to the first question. What is a chart? It is a plot of human sentiment versus time.

You've got to stop thinking charts are telling you about price but rather what people were thinking their emotion. This is why charts are so powerful, you can look back in the past and extract what the sentiment was around a certain level.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Fighting the urge not to post a chart.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Let's try and clear this up. I'm determined.

What is a chart? It is a plot of data with time.

What determines the value of the data at a given time? Emotion.

What drives markets? You ask any professional investor / trader they'll all give the same answer to the question - sentiment.

Now back to the first question. What is a chart? It is a plot of human sentiment versus time.

You've got to stop thinking charts are telling you about price but rather what people were thinking their emotion. This is why charts are so powerful, you can look back in the past and extract what the sentiment was around a certain level.

If only there were also some kind of 'fundamental' reasons for the sentiment around certain stocks

I know, I know, by replying I'm helping to bump the thread but sometimes a response is needed
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Fighting the urge not to post a chart.
                    Concentrate on fighting the urge to post anything at all instead.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nio

Overbought.

Following a 3600% rise in only 12 months I'd hope anyone who bought into this a year ago is now collecting profits. The risk / reward levels are unacceptable. Sure it could climb higher but the risk you take for that is huge. There's far better opportunities out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X