• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would perm banning him and his sockie would help his mental condition?

Comment

“Investors ploughed more into global stock funds in the days after Pfizer unveiled its coronavirus breakthrough on Monday than in any week in at least two decades, as the news electrified financial markets.

Funds that buy stocks counted $44.5bn of inflows in the week to Wednesday, including more than $32bn that was invested in US stock funds, according to the data provider EPFR Global. It was the largest weekly haul by equity funds since EPFR has been collecting the data, as well as the second-biggest intake by US stock funds since 2000.

Inflows into stock funds hit 20-year high | Financial Times

Comment

So according to FT:

Funds that buy stocks counted $44.5bn of inflows in the week to Wednesday
        The new commitments were driven by large institutional investors, including pensions and endowments, which added $41.1bn to their stock positions this week
        Retail investors, by contrast, accounted for just $3.3bn of the inflows
        Appears it's not dumb "retail investors" moving the market.

Comment

Banned Sockie lol

I take it Scooter didn’t start the new thread then?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Appears it's not dumb "retail investors" moving the market.
            Most retail investors tend to stay invested and move their money around. The big pension companies have millions of pounds accumulating into cash pots whilst they sat out of the markets whilst covid had no clear end date.

Retail investors have been in US and Tech, and jumped ship from these areas to buy anything that had dropped far.

A lot of them have started dripping back again after the tech sell off, as they realise it’s still a while off till people get vaccinated.

Comment

Poor scootie. His demo trading account is maxing out on negative wins.

Comment

Meanwhile, those of us with real accounts

Comment

Have higher lows been confirmed for LLOY yet?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more, as my papa used to say.
                    I think that is really sad, but I'm sure he still loved you and your younger siblings.

(though it perhaps explains your desperate need for attention)

Comment

Scooty is certainly quiet today. Is he trying to draw a picture that still proves the FTSE 100 is on it's way to 4500?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X