• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    3133 Reputation
    285 Ideas
    0 Scripts
    1718 Likes
    374 Followers

Trader without_worries — Trading Ideas & Charts — TradingView

If that is his picture, he's older than I thought. His postings about his degree course and lack of general financial awareness made it sound like he was just out of university.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 25 November 2020, 09:58.

Comment

One would have thought an IT Contractor Pro like Scootie would be leveraging his programming skills in creating amazing AI driven stock picking scripts...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        If that is his picture, he's older than I thought. His postings about his degree course made it sound like he was just out of university.
        I had exactly the same mental image of him based on his use of language and simple mindedness. I had him straight out of uni where he had this belief he knew it all already. Clearly an odd one that one.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          3133 Reputation
          285 Ideas
          0 Scripts
          1718 Likes
          374 Followers

Trader without_worries — Trading Ideas & Charts — TradingView

Doesn't surprise me. My personal view is, you would go to a site like that as you want to reinforce your own ideas, so many (all?) on there will have the same mindset and same biases. So less likely to have posters who question, and more likely to have fanboys.

It's also the kind of place where if someone posts some mumbo-jumbo, those who are less 'experienced' in candles and dragonfly DOJIs (what the feck is that?!?) are less likely to question these terms and accept them as technical expertise. I've worked in Big 4 consulting, it's interesting how much management consulting tulipe you can spout and have everyone in the room nod along
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Global markets at record highs after Dow hits 30,000 – business live | Business | The Guardian

Comment

spare a thought for scootie and his FTSE short of 4500

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                spare a thought for scootie and his FTSE short of 4500
                A short thought...

Comment

Waited for the US Market to open at 2:30pm.. and doh !!

Such a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    Waited for the US Market to open at 2:30pm.. and doh !! Such a noob.
                    They did not crash, they got FROZEN!

Comment

I know compared to some on here it's not much, but as of today I'm up over £28k on my various stock market funds this year (all wrapped in an ISA), so not too shabby.

Markets dropping a smidge now due to (presumably) profit taking but I think so long as no more major setbacks and the vaccine is as expected the markets should be holding nice and steady

Can't see 2021 being as profitable so I'll have to set expectations next year for miserly 2-3% gains again
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X