• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scootie is a crypto multi-millionaire and he was doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      If my portfolio was £1m, do you think I'd be on here wibbling a crock of shyte all day?

Returns are about 20% in total. Which for a simple, hands off long term savings pot is nice Going forward, anything near 5% per year would be nice as it beats inflation.
      Hmm...

So you either are poor and wibble a crock of shyte all day or you're a millionaire and talk perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Hmm...

So you either are poor and wibble a crock of shyte all day or you're a millionaire and talk perfect sense.
        Ain't we all?

Comment

Keep in mind operator precedence...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Hmm...

I would say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, but I think the odds are more 99/1 in favour of the poor and wibble a crock of shyte all day option
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Can't really lose as a long-term investment. Which reminds me, I need to punt 160k into my SIPP before they remove the pension carry forward in April (I speculate)...
              Hopefully nothing worse than that heading our way. I speculate some sort of clampdown on ISAs. A clever old codger can pay sod all tax in retirement on a decent income.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Hopefully nothing worse than that heading our way. I speculate some sort of clampdown on ISAs. A clever old codger can pay sod all tax in retirement on a decent income.
                That's the plan
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What is the forum / bulletin board of choice for shamateur share traders ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    That's the plan
                    I fear they'll have to do something about the farce that is 'no tax rises' but ever increasing NI at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                      What is the forum / bulletin board of choice for shamateur share traders ?
                      Adult Friend Finders.

There'll no doubt be a good few *airline pilots* in there as well.

Good luck. Do tell us how you get on.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X