• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I fear they'll have to do something about the farce that is 'no tax rises' but ever increasing NI at some stage.
    The easiest change would be for them to 'remove' NI and just add it on to income tax (as that's what it really is anyway). They may have to tweak the tax free earnings level to not hit the low income too hard, but this would then at least add more tax revenue from savers and the old codgers.

Too political though, so they prefer to make the tax set up ever more complex so that the masses can't work out what's going on - means those of us who can plan our income and tax get an advantage.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Adult Friend Finders.

There'll no doubt be a good few *airline pilots* in there as well.

Good luck. Do tell us how you get on.
      Is that still going ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        The easiest change would be for them to 'remove' NI and just add it on to income tax (as that's what it really is anyway). They may have to tweak the tax free earnings level to not hit the low income too hard, but this would then at least add more tax revenue from savers and the old codgers.

Too political though, so they prefer to make the tax set up ever more complex so that the masses can't work out what's going on - means those of us who can plan our income and tax get an advantage.
        That's exactly what they should do, but hopefully won't do. Little chance of any cross party co-operation at the moment, which is what it would need.

Comment

How is it that BionTech and Pfizer have had their vaccines approved for use in the UK who then have order a couple of million units just to start with and their prices have declined every day since?? Wtf is that about?

I've made 15% on Virgin Galactic Holdings in the same time PFE and BNTX has dropped 3%
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            I fear they'll have to do something about the farce that is 'no tax rises' but ever increasing NI at some stage.
            The liars promised they won’t touch (employee) NICs

They don’t mind ISAs because they get tax upfront so they are better off keeping them and whacking pension relief, then later Govts can stuff fattened ISA holders

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Osborne pretended he wanted to do it - had 5 years of commission working on it and results are nil

One would have thought supposed low tax party would be interested in showing true level of taxation to population - including employer NICs clearly shown on all payslips

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                How is it that BionTech and Pfizer have had their vaccines approved for use in the UK who then have order a couple of million units just to start with and their prices have declined every day since?? Wtf is that about?

I've made 15% on Virgin Galactic Holdings in the same time PFE and BNTX has dropped 3%
                The approval was assumed and priced in once the efficacy results were announced. Most likely some profit taking this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  The approval was assumed and priced in once the efficacy results were announced. Most likely some profit taking this week.
                  Buy the rumour, sell the news and all that.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Buy the rumour, sell the news and all that.
                    Beware, there was a young chap on here call scotterscoot who used to post quotes like that (I'm presuming from some sort of "Trading for Beginners" book) in a poor attempt to make himself sound knowledgable. It (and he) failed miserably and he ran off after he was caught lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Beware, there was a young chap on here call scotterscoot who used to post quotes like that (I'm presuming from some sort of "Trading for Beginners" book) in a poor attempt to make himself sound knowledgable. It (and he) failed miserably and he ran off after he was caught lying.
                      Choose the phrase to fit the evidence.

"It's a bull trap"
                      "Follow the smart money"
                      "Buy low, sell high"
                      "It's a momentum play"
                      "Very overbought from here"
                      "Fear of missing out"
                      "To the moon!"

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X