• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Britain's index of leading shares closed at its highest since the pandemic sparked a market rout in March as investors on Tuesday cheered the post-Brexit trade deal.

In the first day of trading since markets closed on Christmas Eve, the FTSE 100 ended up 1.6% at 6,603 points."

FTSE 100 index of leading shares hits highest since March - BBC News
    Retail day traders .... they know nothing
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Retail day traders .... they know nothing
      Pooper is technically correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Do you have a graph to prove that?

Non-technically he is banned from all Thistle hotels worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I second this analysis.

Comment

The New Year off to a good start.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

FTSE 100 surges as City guru warns of stock market bubble risk | Business | The Guardian

Comment

Grantham cited shares in the electric car maker as an example of the market bubble. “As a model 3 owner, my personal favourite Tesla tidbit is that its market capitalisation, now over $600bn, amounts to over $1.25m per car sold each year versus $9,000 per car for General Motors. What has 1929 got to equal that?”

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Grantham cited shares in the electric car maker as an example of the market bubble. “As a model 3 owner, my personal favourite Tesla tidbit is that its market capitalisation, now over $600bn, amounts to over $1.25m per car sold each year versus $9,000 per car for General Motors. What has 1929 got to equal that?”

Nice.
                  But stock markets price in the future and the future 100 years belongs to TSLA and will be the only car company selling cars just like Apple.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

Nice.
                    He’s got patents that will get him 9k in every other electric car build elsewhere in the future

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      He’s got patents that will get him 9k in every other electric car build elsewhere in the future
                      A lot can happen between now and the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X