• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I hadn't ..... but I have now

I think it's only fair that the posters over there are provided a link to the CUK AMD thread to see Scooter's obsession with AMD crashing. He is a dangerous person if people listen to him - he will make people lose money.

edit: i'm awaiting moderators to release my posts ....
    Last edited by Whorty; 27 January 2021, 08:47.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Do your worst!

My theory is Scooty's got a beef with AMD because (a) every prediction he's made has been wrong and this stock has made him look a fool, and (b) AtW has profited handsomely from it. It seems like he wants revenge against it.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

If anybody was following GME and Reddit WallStreetBets thingy -

"Melvin Capital, to file bankruptcy as soon as next week according to sources.

The bailout they received yesterday from Citadel and Point72 went “poof” today as the GameStop ( $GME ) momentum continued.

The fund was forced to liquidate its Alibaba ( $BABA ) position after hours."

https://twitter.com/WSBConsensus/sta...33408835219461

Kids on the Interwebs nuked a hedge fund!

Comment

Short summary for those not in the know -

“ Someone found that Gamestop was being shorted by more than 100% of the stock available. That means for everyone share available there was on average MORE than one share shorted.

Math would dictate that the stock price was going to have to go up when the stock shorts came calling for the buy backs. Well when over 100% of the stock is shorted, that means they literally have to buy every single share. People discovered this and said **** YOU to them and bought it and held. More and more people caught on, and now they're bankrupt because they're greedy ******* idiots who were doing something that SHOULD be illegal.”

Source: Daily Discussion Wednesday 2021-01-27 : AMD_Stock

Comment

After reading this - https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

It’s clear that massive supercrash is inevitable now!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              Do your worst!

My theory is Scooty's got a beef with AMD because (a) every prediction he's made has been wrong and this stock has made him look a fool, and (b) AtW has profited handsomely from it. It seems like he wants revenge against it.
              Almost like he's emotional .... which we all know can't be true. Only day traders are emotional
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

GME - 100% up already

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Short summary for those not in the know -

“ Someone found that Gamestop was being shorted by more than 100% of the stock available. That means for everyone share available there was on average MORE than one share shorted.

Math would dictate that the stock price was going to have to go up when the stock shorts came calling for the buy backs. Well when over 100% of the stock is shorted, that means they literally have to buy every single share. People discovered this and said **** YOU to them and bought it and held. More and more people caught on, and now they're bankrupt because they're greedy ******* idiots who were doing something that SHOULD be illegal.”

Source: Daily Discussion Wednesday 2021-01-27 : AMD_Stock
                  Very good point if there is not enough stock to cover the shorts then it becomes a game of musical chairs.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Weaponised’ options trading turbocharges GameStop’s dizzying rally

Article that explains that our Scootie will soon be back at Heathrow Thistle

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I hadn't ..... but I have now

I think it's only fair that the posters over there are provided a link to the CUK AMD thread to see Scooter's obsession with AMD crashing. He is a dangerous person if people listen to him - he will make people lose money.

Are you "chris.f.hedberg"?

"yo you're one of the densest trolls I've ever encountered. do you not understand profitability and how generating income margin improvements earns you more money?"

It looks like he's been found out on that site too.

Comment

Working...
                      X