• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock market crash

Think we're on the way to seeing a major correction. PBC and others I'm subscribed to (not selling anything) have for the past few days suggesting / indicating we're about to see a major correction in US stock markets and then spreading.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Maybe. Every day, some pundit or other calls the top of the market and crash is just around the corner. Almost always they are wrong, but once every decade someone says it just before the correction (or crash as every dip is called these days).

If you've got equities and you believe the latest doom sayer, sell up. You can always buy them up again later for a pittance and pocket a small fortune.

Comment

If you're sure, start shorting.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If you're sure, start shorting.
        Do you mean actual shorting or the shoe shine boy's version of shorting?

Comment

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to have a haircut

I won't be one of them

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            I have a feeling a lot of people are going to have a haircut

I won't be one of them

Milan.
            Is that cos you is a baldy?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Is that cos you is a baldy?
              that's actually one of the dimensions

but nevertheless, I am of the opinion there is a haircut coming and a lot of people will be taken to the barber's by surprise

there are ways to protect yourself from this

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                that's actually one of the dimensions

but nevertheless, I am of the opinion there is a haircut coming and a lot of people will be taken to the barber's by surprise

there are ways to protect yourself from this

Milan.
                Short Lambos and buy gold?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Short Lambos and buy gold?

have you nicked my book ?

Milan.

Comment

Let's face it, it was a cert as soon as Donald Trump was elected. Lot's of people in high places were just waiting for a patsy to be left holding the baby and he's perfect. Just look at the Fed tightening schedule if you don't believe me.

Comment

Working...
                    X