Take my mother in Law...please!!! Take my mother in Law...please!!!
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

More time posting than coding

curtis is too good to be a permie

Default Take my mother in Law...please!!!

I'm (through choice) been not working since the start of the year and won't start looking again till end of March, not doing anything in particular just stuff that comes up round the house, relaxing or doing stuff I feel like doing kind of thing. I saw the MIL yesterday, thankfully due to where they live don't see her that often.

Now most people when they ask when I see them what are you up, where you working etc when I tell them I'm on a break they leave it at that with her I get "What you been doing?" ok fair enough question but when I say just this and that or something similar I always get 'Well like what?" , Just bits and pieces, taking a break... "yea but like what?" its like she wants some kind of day by day account of what I've been doing. Maybe I should ask her what 'exactly' has she been doing for the last 10 years since shes been retired. I don't think she gets me not working and I must only be at home for a specific reason or in her mind I should be at work!

Anyone else get this kind grilling from family when off, it can be hard enough at times to make them understand I'm a contractor not a temp!

Contractor Among Contractors

clearedforlanding 's job has never been outsourced

Pff. It's par for the course.

My fiance works night shifts and I have been on the bench for 6 weeks. That is when the real fun starts.

I need a hat that says "This is my job". And maybe hide the M760iL & M750d loaners on the drive. Or at least not have them covered in salt each time she gets home.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Can't you tell her you're enjoying doing nothing for a bit?
    Because feelings...

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Just tell her you're building a detailed model of the Death Star from Star Wars out of matchsticks, and when it's finished in six months you plan to light it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I'm (through choice) been not working since the start of the year and won't start looking again till end of March, not doing anything in particular just stuff that comes up round the house, relaxing or doing stuff I feel like doing kind of thing. I saw the MIL yesterday, thankfully due to where they live don't see her that often.

Now most people when they ask when I see them what are you up, where you working etc when I tell them I'm on a break they leave it at that with her I get "What you been doing?" ok fair enough question but when I say just this and that or something similar I always get 'Well like what?" , Just bits and pieces, taking a break... "yea but like what?" its like she wants some kind of day by day account of what I've been doing. Maybe I should ask her what 'exactly' has she been doing for the last 10 years since shes been retired. I don't think she gets me not working and I must only be at home for a specific reason or in her mind I should be at work!

Anyone else get this kind grilling from family when off, it can be hard enough at times to make them understand I'm a contractor not a temp!
    The answer you were looking for is 'Nailing your daughter'

End of conversation.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Contractor Among Contractors

clearedforlanding 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The answer you were looking for is 'Nailing your daughter'

End of conversation.

Sorted with laughter and woke up fiance.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Sounds more like she's trying to find out what your diary is like when you are off so she can come round and get a bit.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Take my mother in Law...please!!!