• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blam and dast...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really posted a reply to this thread as it resonates to damn much TBH & not been able to think of anything to say that could not be miss-read as I don't know you. (due to me developing a very dark & morbid sense of humour)

But this:

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    It's one of those things, you know you have a problem and your mind set is either "**** this I'm not letting this affect the way I am" or it's "I'm stuffed". The ones that think the first way, they have much more chance if I'm honest.

And the other thing I can tell you is that a lot of people don't know what to say to the people with cancer, or they stay away because they are embarrassed that they can't think of anything to say. It's sad when this happens, it's a big "thing" but all I will say is treat them as if they are the person you have always known,
    This is so true..
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

A dark and morbid sense of humour... I for a time, worked on behalf of the coroner collecting dead bodies from homes, car wrecks, old folks homes...

A dark and morbid, sometimes very inappropriate sense of humour goes with that job, it has to else you crack up. Like when you see someone at a funeral who can't wait to get their phone out.

Don't worry, nothing you can write will bother me, I've seen the dark side I guess you could say. I have no idea how my wife has been able to deal with it. Stronger than me, that's for sure.
      Last edited by Lost It; 23 January 2019, 04:55.

Comment

A dark and morbid sense of humour... I for a time, worked on behalf of the coroner collecting dead bodies from homes, car wrecks, old folks homes, I even had to take a dead baby from a grieving mother once. The 2nd time was when I had to give it up.

A dark and morbid, sometimes very inappropriate sense of humour goes with that job, it has to else you crack up. Like when you see someone at a funeral who can't wait to get their phone out.

Don't worry, nothing you can write will bother me, I've seen the dark side I guess you could say. I have no idea how my wife has been able to deal with it. Stronger than me, that's for sure.
        The first time you see a dead baby shakes you up.

Comment

Yes. That was very insensitive of me. Sorry if I've upset anyone, I'll edit the post...

Comment

Some happy news...

Today I had a phone conversation with my Oncology nurse.

She told me the surgeon, Mr Khan had looked at the CT scan I had 30th December and said that the scan was "Completely stable appearance and no Metastatic disease evident. Back to routine scans, next one in April".

Still hasn't sunk in... But from what I can gather, once I have conquered the lack of stamina, there's no reason at all why I shouldn't carry on being an ornery miserable grumpy old git.

Must admit I had a bit of a man weep...

Comment

She told me the surgeon, Mr Khan had looked at the CT scan I had 30th December and said that the scan was "Completely stable appearance and no Metastatic disease evident. Back to routine scans, next one in April".

Still hasn't sunk in... But from what I can gather, once I have conquered the lack of stamina, there's no reason at all why I shouldn't carry on being an ornery miserable grumpy old git.

Really pleased for you.

I've informed the social.

Comment

Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Is that a euphemism?
                  I dunno. What's a euphemism? I'm only a fick construction site manager...

Ok looked it up. No I didn't have a little wee.
                  Last edited by Lost It; 23 January 2019, 21:05.

Comment

As Halo Jones said. Not replied to this as never really know what to say, but three small vodkas loosened me up a bit. Met a chap who'd had the same problem for a few years on holiday last year, we spent a lot of time together boozing and fagging (not in the US sense) after my abstemious and celibate lady friend had gone to bed. He'd got through it for quite a while so it's not the worst of Cs. An old uni mate I still see occasionally had the big C about 15 years ago, fine now. Good luck.

PS Although do be a bit insistent on regular rechecks. If I hadn't swallowed "The all fine now, contact us if you need to" stuff my missus might still be around.

PS Watching BBC news tonight and thought ah, George Alagiah is back. He's got through it, so can you.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 23 January 2019, 21:49.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Good news
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X