• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
    TBF it's been over valued for decades some would argue, given that the usual ratio of 3x one income or 2.5x joint income multiples has been blown apart now for at least two decades.
    Your point being??
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Your point being??
      I made it in the post did I not? Agreeing with the poster I quoted, but the market keeps going up so and although 'over valued' by traditional metrics, is it though.....?

Comment

I made it in the post did I not? Agreeing with the poster I quoted, but the market keeps going up so and although 'over valued' by traditional metrics, is it though.....?
        If you are under the impression that you made a point in that post, I would say you need to try really hard next time.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          If you are under the impression that you made a point in that post, I would say you need to try really hard next time.
          lol So says someone who wants to vote for comrade Corbyn.

Comment

TBF it's been over valued for decades some would argue, given that the usual ratio of 3x one income or 2.5x joint income multiples has been blown apart now for at least two decades.
            I'd wait until the next General Election before staking me cash on property myself. Even still the only property I keep these days is land that was bequeathed to me. BTL was just so stressful for us in the end, was glad to sell it off.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Is HL a better option than setting up the ISA directly on the Vanguard platform if not wanting to put money into anything other than their Lifestrategy product?
              To answer my own question, it looks like if just wanting to invest in a Lifestrategy product then doing so via an ISA managed on the Vanguard platform is cheaper.

Pick the best (and cheapest) investment Isa platform | This is Money
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'd wait until the next General Election before staking me cash on property myself. Even still the only property I keep these days is land that was bequeathed to me. BTL was just so stressful for us in the end, was glad to sell it off.
                Yes I agree about BTL, we had one but had great tenants, plus, when we worked out the metrics it was excellent, but we are talking 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Is HL a better option than setting up the ISA directly on the Vanguard platform if not wanting to put money into anything other than their Lifestrategy product?
                  That is a fair shout, they don't do SIPP's currently but are planning to soon apparently but for an ISA, that is a better option for just Vanguard stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Property of overvalued and due for a correction.
                    Only if your a UK taxpayer and paying in sterling ! Given inflation rate prices will increase in the future so real value of debt will erode. If you are a tax free russian / indian / chinese / arab then UK property is the safest place on the planet. No money laundering regs (as you did not launder it in the UK) little tax, sterling is cheap and no threat of property being confiscated. So yes UK property may look expensive to you, but not to the 50m international investors outside the UK. You will see currently demands for commercial space increasing as well (google HQ). All of course subject to #Brexit nonsense.

Comment

lol So says someone who wants to vote for comrade Corbyn.
                      You're not the freshest sandwich in the buffet, are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X