• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow? What snow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to a foot now. We're snowed in - private road and no snowplough for the lawnmower And then our access is in the bottom of a steep valley which despite being a bus route, hasn't been gritted. I was watching people coming down the hill backwards, doing a 3-point turn and reversing up the other side just now.

All schools round here are shut today, unlike yesterday when we had heavy snow but people went anyway. It's been snowing since Monday night and sitting around -2 during the day, so it's not going to disappear anytime soon.

Sadly, the snow is so dry and soft the sledge just sticks.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Up to a foot now. We're snowed in - private road and no snowplough for the lawnmower And then our access is in the bottom of a steep valley which despite being a bus route, hasn't been gritted. I was watching people coming down the hill backwards, doing a 3-point turn and reversing up the other side just now.

All schools round here are shut today, unlike yesterday when we had heavy snow but people went anyway. It's been snowing since Monday night and sitting around -2 during the day, so it's not going to disappear anytime soon.

Sadly, the snow is so dry and soft the sledge just sticks.

Comment

Still not a flake of settled snow in Bristol, but I gather there's a load on its way tonight ..
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Right, just driven back. Nottingham, M1, M25, M3. Took 2.40 to get back a little bit of snow in Luton and a smattering as I came round the corner.

Snow storm my arse, it's a big con like the Moon Landings.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Right, just driven back. Nottingham, M1, M25, M3. Took 2.40 to get back a little bit of snow in Luton and a smattering as I came round the corner.

Snow storm my arse, it's a big con like the Moon Landings.
            Hope that's not the sales patter you use to sell your sledges.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Hope that's not the sales patter you use to sell your sledges.
              I reckon this was a desperate act by Toys R Us and Maplins to sell sledges before they went bankrupt.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X