• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Care Vouchers for Ltd Co Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Care Vouchers for Ltd Co Contractor

So can your Ltd give you childcare vouchers without incurring tax liability?

Who is the voucher provider people use?

Thanks

Did you really want to ask in General?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

there is always the outside chance of a sensible answer...

Comment

Just create your own vouchers. It's not complicated. Keep a record of each voucher you issue and it's value, then produce a voucher that states what the holder is entitled to and give it to the childcare provider. Ask them to sign it to show that they have accepted it as payment in kind (this transfer the liability from you personally to the voucher producer - YourCo) then do a bank transfer from YourCo to provider to redeem it.

Even easier is to get the childcare provider to contract directly with YourCo. This can be as simple as a letter on behalf of YourCo stating that it wishes to purchase childcare for employee X (you) up to the value of £y per month and that could they please address invoices to YourCo, YourCo address.

As a formality, whichever route you choose, at the beginning of each tax year you should create a "Basic Earnings Assessment" which details your relevant earnings (which will just be your salary) and the maximum amount you are allowed per month. It should be £243/month as a basic rate taxpayer (dividends don't count as relevant earnings).

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          there is always the outside chance of a sensible answer...
          Best advice would be to keep it in your pants. You wouldn't believe how much you save that way.

HTH

Comment

Did you attempt to do even the slightest amount of research first?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you can pay the childcare provider directly from your ltd bankaccount (provided you do not go over the allowance limit)

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                So can your Ltd give you childcare vouchers without incurring tax liability?

Who is the voucher provider people use?

Thanks
                Yes.
                Don’t use vouchers just pay the relevant childminder the fees and get supporting documentation.

Why didn’t you search you tool (in general so I have to be rude)? It’s been done to death.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you want to go through the "proper" route and pay a premium for someone else to sort out the hassle I used these people:

https://www.kiddivouchers.com/
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This new scheme is a lot less faff:
                    https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X