• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plus ça change....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    How exactly do you manage to balance all this sanctimonious cr*p and being a Contractor in that tiny skull?

You know my car lease company drivers are all recent immigrants from some of the poorest places in the world. I always ask them if they like it here and if they've experienced any animosity. All of them say the people here are very nice, better than anywhere else they've been.

Immigrants come here because it's a good place to live and by and large the Brits are good people. Get over yourself.
    Ah yes an emotive argument not logic - typical.

The current situation is fermenting unpleasantness, business want cheap workers, governments want workers that will vote for them and neither want to fix the problems.

I'm sure the majority of immigrants are nice people, the ones I know are. However the point is 683k of them are appearing a year and no facilities are being built for them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The current situation is fermenting unpleasantness, business want cheap workers, governments want workers that will vote for them and neither want to fix the problems.

I'm sure the majority of immigrants are nice people, the ones I know are. However the point is 683k of them are appearing a year and no facilities are being built for them.
      Indeed we are back with our bowl of M and M's

100 M and M's in a bowl.

2 of them are poisonous and will kill you.

How many are you going to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You got the wrong end of the stick. I'm countering accusations of racism, I don't disagree with any of your points.

Every contractor knows why rates have stagnated or why London boroughs are turning Labour, even if they deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          You got the wrong end of the stick. I'm countering accusations of racism, I don't disagree with any of your points.

Every contractor knows why rates have stagnated or why London boroughs are turning Labour, even if they deny it.

Ah I see.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X