• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gas Supplies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yes, and end up in the news with the third massive house explosion in the same week!
    I've not been following the UK news. Has shauny had another curry?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Good thing I've got electric heating in my flat - might have to electrify the gates though
      And you must get a fair amount of heat coming up from the rotisseries.

Comment

WTF is wrong with you all? Any kind of weather and it is a national emergency. WFH, drink beer and MTFU.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Good thing I've got electric heating in my flat - might have to electrify the gates though
          Yeah but most of the electricity generation is gas-fired and they cut off supplies to business first ... domestic consumers last.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            WTF is wrong with you all? Any kind of weather and it is a national emergency. WFH, drink beer and MTFU.
            Good advice. Anyone with an ounce of sense was panic buying booze days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              As its a weather-related event, nobody can be blamed, so we can all take part in a national day of togetherness, helping each other out and general muddling on through without bitterness or recrimination.

For my part, I am going out for a curry tonight with "The boys" ( average age: 55 ), where we will regale ourselves with stories of heroism and stoicism in the face of adversity. It's a five-minute walk to the curry house. I expect to be mildly cold by the time I get there, better stop by the pub for fortification.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                As its a weather-related event, nobody can be blamed, so we can all take part in a national day of togetherness, helping each other out and general muddling on through without bitterness or recrimination.

For my part, I am going out for a curry tonight with "The boys" ( average age: 55 ), where we will regale ourselves with stories of heroism and stoicism in the face of adversity. It's a five-minute walk to the curry house. I expect to be mildly cold by the time I get there, better stop by the pub for fortification.
                Can I come?

Comment

Nowt like a bit of scare-mongering:

Despite the shortfall of about 30 million cubic metres, household gas supplies should not be affected.
                  Gas supply fears as cold snap continues - BBC News

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    A hot brussel sprout curry and baked beans should sort that out.
                    I'd be careful, you could take out a small town...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                      Can I come?
                      It's too treacherous to invite you to trek from wherever you live to wherever I live. I couldn't have your death on my conscious.

Comment

Working...
                      X