• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gas Supplies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Supplies

According to the news National Grid has been saying there is a strong chance they will not have enough gas to meet demand in the cold weather.

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    According to the news National Grid has been saying there is a strong chance they will not have enough gas to meet demand in the cold weather.
    A hot brussel sprout curry and baked beans should sort that out.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd also be concerned about the pressure. As the temperature drops, so does the pressure.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Best get your heating on max. now before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Best get your heating on max. now before it's too late.
          I would suggest stocking up. Buy a couple of packs of balloons and fill them with gas from the stove for later. You know it makes sense.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I would suggest stocking up. Buy a couple of packs ofJohnniesand fill them with gas from the stove for later. You know it makes sense.
            You can store them in the chimney, too

Comment

I would suggest stocking up. Buy a couple of packs of balloons and fill them with gas from the stove for later. You know it makes sense.
              Make sure you take the candle away from your cellar residents first.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                You can store them in the chimney, too
                Put the balloons in your wheelie bin like that London cabbie did with diesel during a petrol shortage.

Comment

Yes, and end up in the news with the third massive house explosion in the same week!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Good thing I've got electric heating in my flat - might have to electrify the gates though

Comment

Working...
                    X