• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this legal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this legal?? Jesus wept.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is this legal?? Jesus wept.
      i think he shat his pants
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Oh, this is either a troll or the OP is beyond pathetic:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ml#post2511030
        Good spot, old chap.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          i think he shat his pants
          I think that's against Health and Safety.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why isn't this obvious sockie banned yet?
            Nothing in that post is even remotely believable.
            Pay for reading documentation!! What next?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
              my car is not good in the snow and it would be two buses and a train to get to the client site.
              It is not the client's fault that you chose the car you own and that you chose not to take two buses and a train. Those are your choices.

I did not take the customer laptop home which has VPN software needed,
              It is not the client's fault that you did not take the laptop home with you.

Is this legal or would it be against health & safety as I believe it would not be safe for me to attempt to get to client site in poor weather conditions.
              It is perfectly legal, because it was your choice not to bring the laptop home and it was your choice not to take buses and a train.

There are many things I could still achieve today by working from home, e.g. taking pluralsight courses to improve my skills and allowing me accomplish assigned tasks faster once on client site.
              As a contractor, you take courses in your own time, at your own expense.

Also should they not be investing in staff by facilitating time out for self improvement??
              Are you permanent staff or are you a contractor?

Client manager became quite agitated when I made these points, raising his voice and was actually quite abusive at one point, so I may be able to take this the HR route as well as it is against discrimination but would like to know if they have broken the contract law by not paying me anyway.
              I don't blame him for getting annoyed with you, it seems you're trying to shaft them and are not interested in being a professional businessman dealing with another business.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Look forward to next week's instalment: "I've been sacked! Can they do this?"

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  It is not the client's fault that you chose the car you own and that you chose not to take two buses and a train. Those are your choices.

It is not the client's fault that you did not take the laptop home with you.

It is perfectly legal, because it was your choice not to bring the laptop home and it was your choice not to take buses and a train.

As a contractor, you take courses in your own time, at your own expense.

Are you permanent staff or are you a contractor?

I don't blame him for getting annoyed with you, it seems you're trying to shaft them and are not interested in being a professional businessman dealing with another business.
                  So reading between the lines...

Comment

This is the best for a while

Comment

Defo a sockie. Only two posts and never comes back to the threads they kick off.

Comment

Working...
                      X