• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this legal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Rule of thumb: when a thread starts 'Is this legal', then the answer is usually 'Yes'.
    It's like an inverse of Betteridge's law of headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Defo a sockie. Only two posts and never comes back to the threads they kick off.
      Agreed. But it’s tough as I actually come across a lot of contractors with this mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Why isn't this obvious sockie banned yet?
        Nothing in that post is even remotely believable.
        Pay for reading documentation!! What next?
        Hard to believe, but there really are people who are completely oblivious to what contracting entails.

I'm not surprised he doesn't engage after starting a thread considering the entirely jusifiable level of sarcasm and mockery he receives.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If not a sockie then he/she’s gonna be on the bench by Monday.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            If not a sockie then he/she’s gonna be on the bench by Monday.
            I look forward to the unfair dismissal thread.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Pay for reading documentation!! What next?
              I have done it, for a bank, but I was on site. Since they took their sweet time - over 1 week to get me even a basic user account for e-mail, I spent my time in various meetings, annoying people by looking over their shoulders shadowing ppl and browsing through a paper copy of the SOP.

Comment

With some gigs there is a level of documentation that needs to be read. You're not going to land in a new client and immediately understand all the processes that they follow, that you need to understand to get the job done.

Comment

Update

We have had meeting and I have agreed that I will waive day rate for yesterday.

To all the haters, I am new to contract market and I guess I just had higher hopes of people's humanity but hey ho. In couple of years I will return to permanent world and probably be program director telling them what to do in 2-3 years

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
                    Update

We have had meeting and I have agreed that I will waive day rate for yesterday.
                    But client manager is saying he will not pay for today even though I have been working all morning as best I can without VPN.
                    I don't think you really had the option to agree to waive the daily rate TBH but dress it up as you will.

Next time call them first thing to advise you won't be in and get it sorted before you start working.
                    To all the haters, I am new to contract market and I guess I just had higher hopes of people's humanity but hey ho. In couple of years I will return to permanent world and probably be program director telling them what to do in 2-3 years
                    Cool story bro.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
                      In couple of years I will return to permanent world
                      I don’t think it will be that far in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X