• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

efen drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm renting a series 3 BMW at the moment and the handling is terrible, I'd never buy one. Still made it 30 miles home last night, it's all about technique and calm.

Comment

I put socks on my car.....

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/travel-accessories/snow-chains-socks/universal-multigrip-snow-socks-xl?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Travel+Accessories-_-Snow+Chains+&+Socks-_-291125&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=irpltlxx&istBid=tztp&_$ja=t sid:94971|cid:868555888|agid:49387675332|tidla-402320747410|crid:203456299422|nw:g|rnd:5300066753 263121524|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1007268&gclid=EAIa IQobChMIq_iTlaLN2QIVSbftCh1sEgHTEAQYASABEgI4DfD_Bw E

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        I'm renting a series 3 BMW at the moment and the handling is terrible, I'd never buy one. Still made it 30 miles home last night, it's all about technique and calm.
        Hang on, with 50/50 weight distribution and what is widley considered the best in class handling (with the M3 being THE handling benchmark for performance cars) this is more a reflection on your driving than the car´s handling.

Turn ESP off .....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Totally agree.
          Also, not all cars can take chains.

Not many options though for 255/45/R20/105 Y on winters.
          which is why I have 18" winter alloys and leave my summer wheels in the garage, you can get 255/40/R18 winter runflats.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            ...with the M3 being THE handling benchmark for performance cars.
            Used to be. Even the stripped down CS version isn't the best handling the Nurburgring by 6 seconds.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
              which is why I have 18" winter alloys and leave my summer wheels in the garage, you can get 255/40/R18 winter runflats.
              I don't want runflats - you sacrifice too much for them. Also 18" won't fit over the brakes. Might be able to squeeze 19s on, but I haven't checked yet.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't want runflats - you sacrifice too much for them. Also 18" won't fit over the brakes. Might be able to squeeze 19s on, but I haven't checked yet.
                18" is as small as I can get over the calipers. My summers are 19s

Comment

Used to be. Even the stripped down CS version isn't the best handling the Nurburgring by 6 seconds.
                  A benchmark can be exceeded.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Hang on, with 50/50 weight distribution and what is widley considered the best in class handling (with the M3 being THE handling benchmark for performance cars) this is more a reflection on your driving than the car´s handling.

Turn ESP off .....
                    This
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

They should have bought an x-drive model instead of a poor mans version. I've never had any problems in mine, going up inclines or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X