• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

efen drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The main issue is they are only rated up to 186mph, somewhat limiting, especially in snow.
    As long as your exes' tyres are only rated up to 185 mph, that should work out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      That really would depend on the vehicle and your driving style. Weight and CoG are considerations as is how much time you spend in the wet.

I would consider Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUVs. Let me know the car and I'll make a recomendation.

How do you like the Michelins? I find that they not great when braking in the wet, particuarly in a turn, otherwise they are quite good, if expensive.

I've not even done 100 miles in it yet, so it's hard to comment on the tyres. Stelvio Milano petrol. Weight 1660kg with fluids.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Very good tires and as they wear less than the equivilent Continentals (give or take 5K miles) that 10-20% cost increase will be absorbed.
        I have the Continental Winter Contact TS830P with 255/40 R18 99V and find them not too bad although on the Alpina I had Michelins which I will admit were better and lasted much longer. You are correct, the Continentals do tend to wear out quicker
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I've not even done 100 miles in it yet, so it's hard to comment on the tyres. Stelvio Milano petrol. Weight 1660kg with fluids.
          I think it is probably best to wait - you have not even worn off the coating and until it warms up they are going to be as hard as hell.

Oh balls, we were taklng about winter tires when we were putting slicks on everything yesterday.

Talked to a couple of the guys but haven't checked myself as it's a completley new beast to me- they have said

Continental ts850ps

or

Michelin Alpine la2s
          Last edited by clearedforlanding; 3 March 2018, 08:23. Reason: Wrong season

Comment

I think I got 315's rears on my Maserati, rear wheel drive, no issues, phat as phuk....

Pirelli P-zero's though, rubbish tyres.....

Comment

Working...
            X