• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting into office in snow!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus wept. The OP shows why some good contractors have been pushed out of contracting because hiring managers just take on the bottom feeders instead. The OP didnt go in due to being pissed up and now this?

I might be out of this charade now but it still boils my piss when I spot this stuff.

Comment

I know this is General, but at least add a when you post that kind of stuff.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why do people do work at home and then find out their client isn't happy. Why haven't they rung their client at 8am to advise they will WFH and then find out at that point they are not required to do any work?

Deciding to WFH without advising the client is pretty poor relationship management.
        Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Another one??? dear, oh dear
          Indeed.

We mustn't mention the unmentionable, but the unmentionable really needs to happen to this twollock.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why do people do work at home and then find out their client isn't happy. Why haven't they rung their client at 8am to advise they will WFH and then find out at that point they are not required to do any work?

Deciding to WFH without advising the client is pretty poor relationship management.
            Because Gricer has zero imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
              Jesus wept. The OP shows why some good contractors have been pushed out of contracting because hiring managers just take on the bottom feeders instead. The OP didnt go in due to being pissed up and now this?

I might be out of this charade now but it still boils my piss when I spot this stuff.
              Different account. Maybe the same person but different user name. Definitely cut from the same cloth

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                In fact, add an extra tenner for my advice and I'll bill you separately. For twenty, the old man will throw in a happy finish.
                I heard he's frozen to the porcelain in Wigan Wallgate gents, so you'd have to travel to him.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I heard he's frozen to the porcelain in Wigan Wallgate gents, so you'd have to travel to him.
                  He's got a grant for an avant garde installation from the Railway Art Tarts Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    He's got a grant for an avant garde installation from the Railway Art Tarts Trust.
                    Shades of Emin. I imagine he's written the names of all the accountants he's asked questions of on the trap wall.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Shades of Emin. I imagine he's written the names of all the accountants he's asked questions of on the trap wall.
                      He's turned them into a word search grid.

Comment

Working...
                      X