• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor asked to participate in Performance appraisal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    This. I had a 3 monthly review at a client but they called it a supplier review and was against the deliverables in the contract. More than happy to fill that in and file it in the evidence folder.

Still best avoided getting involved with the permie stuff if at all possible whatever they are after though.
    Yep - you don't want to be involved when they sack Bob, who everyone likes except some a-hole manager brought in to increase performance, because the a-hole manager decides Bob is too old.

Btw I know workplaces who have tried to do that in the past to employees, which is why as a contractor you should only really give views on other suppliers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have done contracts where I was required to interview, hire and fire other contractors. Train them on the existing architecture and technology stack and review the quality of their work.

Do not touch the permie world, you are violating your contract arrangement and possibly get into IR35 territory.

By all means, give a view of someone's work as a personal matter of advice but try and keep that to a minimum if they are permanent. Use a third party would be my advice.

Comment

Thanks all

Thanks for all the comments, i think will handle it by saying I cant be involved in internal permanent staff employee appraisals, but am happy to give verbal informal feedback. As for if they have asked for feedback on me I will advise them I am happy to send them a client satisfaction survey,

would that work?

Comment

Oh dear lord

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i gave feedback on WiPro when i was tenuuosly working for Infosys. that was fun too
          i hope no one ever asked me to feedback on Wipro

Comment

Not quite on the theme of the thread but we did touch on us being appraised by a client. Interesting article on this very recently in the Contractor UK features.

https://www.contractoruk.com/success...s_reports.html
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Feedback on WIPRO

OMG
              I am finding certain aspects of WIPRO to be rather difficult to cope with.
              They are doing work for HSBC at the moment. The On-site team is great. But the problem with the higher ups are really painful.
              As one does when contracting, we diligently complete and submit Monthly Time sheets for approval. We are chased by our agencies to do this.
              But the delegated WIPRO PM who is suppose to approve your timesheet is a faceless name on a website.
              You email him asking to approve and month after month you get ignored.
              As in the corporate world we are required to escalate it to a next level up.
              I did so last month, only to be told by the PM's supervisor that I need to refer the matter to the PM again, who is not responding.
              Approving the time sheet is not rocket science.

But the approving manager is not worthy of the title as he cannot do the work. All the other contractors end up waiting up to the 18th of the month to get an approved time sheet out of them.

I discussed this with the other contractors and they experienced the same problem.
              So - there is a problem here. Incompetence.
              Is WIPRO the only company doing this, or are there other companies with the same issue?How are things with Infosys?
              Thank heavens I did not have this issue with HCL.

Len

Comment

Nope. Had timesheet signing problems on and off with different clients for 10 years. I imagine you client and their competitors are possibly the worst end of the scale though.

Probably why many contractors wouldn't touch a gig like this I guess.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X