• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Lightening - hmmmmm

Roanoke season AHS - hmmm not sure.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Excellent 2 seasons about Pablo and then they thought they would milk it even after he died at the end of season 2 and its now cr@p HTHBIDI
      I got bored then too. I wonder if Narcos:Mexico is better.

Netflix: Better Call Saul is really good. I'm really enjoying Titans (after a slow first episode). Brooklyn 99 is our new old find for quick episodes of silly Scrubs-esque comedy. ST: discovery got slowly better and better in S1 after an awful beginning.

Amazon: I still think Vikings is a great show though I'm behind. Bosch is good.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Amazon: I still think Vikings is a great show though I'm behind. Bosch is good.
        Absolutely epic and has to be one of the best I've seen for many years. The characters are just so good.

That said, as ever, and I'll have to be very generic as I don't know where you are up to, at a certain point the whole focus of the series changed and it's not quite what the first couple of seasons were.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Who's Netflix account do you use?

To be honest I'm with your missus.
          Is everyone aware Netflix supports multiple profiles? A wonderful feature that is just one reason Amazon Prime seems so second-rate.

Absolutely epic and has to be one of the best I've seen for many years. The characters are just so good.

That said, as ever, and I'll have to be very generic as I don't know where you are up to, at a certain point the whole focus of the series changed and it's not quite what the first couple of seasons were.
          I'm not actually sure but at least 3 series if not 4 (they'd been to France and then I forget). The idea of it following the generations was interesting though I did love the original main character - the mannerisms and so on are so different.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I'm not actually sure but at least 3 series if not 4 (they'd been to France and then I forget). The idea of it following the generations was interesting though I did love the original main character - the mannerisms and so on are so different.
            Reading that then you've not started on 4 yet but I'll say no more. You need to catch up though. Plenty more good watching to be had.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Reading that then you've not started on 4 yet but I'll say no more. You need to catch up though. Plenty more good watching to be had.
              I maybe just started 4 and then got bored/distracted - it was over a year ago. I had actually though the show was cancelled but we're now up to S5:2?

Comment

You
                Dirty John - both pretty good.

The Fyre festival documentary film is good too.

I find netflix is full of childish teen vampire rubbish these days. Numerous series with the same premise about vampires and good looking teens. Alas, my Mrs watches all this crap. I can't stand it. (Generally my rule of thumb is if my 21 year old Goddaughter says its good then I know its said teen vampire crap!)

Saying that I find a lot of US series start out well and then decend into childish crap. Its as if they run out of ideas and it all crawls up its own ass.

Comment

Got to agree with NLUK here. Vikings is brill.

Im a bit behind at the moment. Lost interest for a little bit.

Comment

Dirty John was okay, but dragged out a bit towards the end.

The missus enjoyed Grace and Frankie. Jane Fonda, so one for the older women. Fonda’s character gets a bit whiney towards the last season or two though.

Enjoying The Umbrella Academy at the moment, and just finished Russian Doll. Both are pretty good.

Comment

Narcos Mexico. Excellent stuff with some crossover from the earlier Escobar/Cali seasons. Chapo in there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X